AMC Theatres / AMC Entertainment Holdings / a-list membership-unethical behavior; scam; corporate fraud

1 Leawood, KS, United States

I was attempting to purchase tickets to a movie Monday, August 20th through the AMC app. It prompted me for payment information and I clicked on what was thought to be my credit card when it was really the A-LIST membership. I thought I was clicking the box to agree to using my credit card on file to purchase the ticket instead it was signing me up for A-list. I recently upgraded my STUB membership and had no desire AT ALL to upgrade again to A-LIST. When I called AMC on the third try, (the first two times I was either hung up on then transferred to a "dead line") I had a gentlemen at first tell me he could help me then said he couldn't. He would have to bill me a $39 cancellation fee. At that point I had the "membership" for the duration of the movie I went to see-2 hours! I asked to speak with the supervisor. "Mina" was put on the phone and what I could extract from what sounded slightly incoherent was that I only had two options. Like I was being held hostage to AMC. Option 1-the $39 cancellation fee or Option 2, remain a hostage of A LIST until November. I respectfully requested a concession on the basis I've been a customer for years with AMC and purposely decline using FANDANGO and REGAL CINEMAS in favor of AMC. This meant nothing to her and again told me my "options". I am extremely upset and disappointed with the route AMC has taken on this one. My loyalty stopped at that call and now I am requesting a cancellation of not only this A LIST membership but my STUBS MEMBERSHIP and would also like a refund for the STUBS membership I upgraded to. I no longer want to be a customer or give any more money to this franchise unless this is resolved. This is obvious Corporate Fraud and is extremely disappointing.

Ev