Ambit Energy / Extremely BAD Customer service

Lewisville, TX, United States Review updated:
3.75
Do not believe the line that the rates will be lower, or that your bill will be too, and one thing that we noticed also was that your bill will come in 3 week cycles, with absolutely NO grace period. not even 1 day!!! And your services will be shut off!!! The phone lines are horrible when trying to contact customer service, unless you go through "the new customer" department. This is one of the biggest mistakes we've ever made as far as utility companies, we never should have switched!!! Our bill has more than doubled!!! DO NOT buy into Ambit!!!

Comments

Ma
  5th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You are sooooo right about Ambit. With today's economy crisis people everywhere are asking for some type of relief or repayment plans just to make sure they can keep lights on, a roof over there head, gas in their cars and food on the table. Ambit energy is HORRIBLE about working with you to get the bill satisfied. Worse mistake I ever made.
Am
  11th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I am an Ambit consultant and could not disagree more.

I have called Ambit customer service line about 4 times in the last 2 months with various questions and have never waited more than 5 minutes for a representative.

The billing cycles are determined by the meter read dates. The meter reads are done by the delivery company, not Ambit. In my service area this in Oncor Energy and they read the meter for TXU, Reliant, Green Mountain, Bob's Energy, everyone. The only difference is who they upload the meter read numbers to for billing. That is why all customers have a 2.00 and something cent read fee on the bill. This is what Oncor charges the retail providers for the meter reading services.

The current Ambit policy allows for one late payment every 6 months prior to any sort of disconnection action. There is also a partial payment plan available to customers who are in need of more time to pay.

If you want to see a real world Ambit bill, please feel free to pull mine up at

Ar
  9th of Sep, 2010
Ambit Energy is a great opportunity for people looking save on their energy cost and at the same time help others save on their energy costs. Currently Ambit is the #1 Top earning company as per INC 500 Magazine. Do I need to say any more?

We just made a major announcement of expanding markets and we are now able to offer the same savings opportunity to small businesses in TX.

I can go on and on about how great Ambit Energy is. Three thumbs up .. oops sorry I only have two thumbs. :)

Find out Why does Ambit Energy Work? http://bit.ly/9F7KwR