Altech Autopage Cellular / Expired cellphone contract

1 South Africa Review updated:
Phone: 013-764-3439

I have 2 cellphone accounts - [protected] and [protected] which expired 17.2.2008 and 15.3.2008 respectively.
These contracts were debited to my credit card account on a monthly basis - amount excluding out of contract calls was around R66 per month.
Autopage was advised by fax as required in terms of the contracts that I did not want to continue with these contracts - they sent sms confirming receipt.
They then proceeded to charge me the normal rates on the contracts and I have been overcharged for February and March to the tune of R400.
My bank has advised that they cannot stop these debits - it is between me and the merchant.
Despite at least 5 e-mails - 2 complaints lodged on the website and a 30 minute long distance call to their customer care line - I have had no reponse whatsoever to my grievance.
In the meantime they are merrily taking my money and I cannot even stop them!

Comments

5th of Oct, 2008

when is a upgrade avalebil on the contract 0826518327 let me know please

• Ki
      15th of Oct, 2008

i upgraded my phone on 14 sept. the phone was faulty, took it back to vodaworld - autopage. very rude guy called cyril told me i'd have to wait 7 days (not the policy - if returned in 3 days they must automatically give you a new phone). its now been over a month, and 15 people have been unable to help me. of course I can't get managers details. will never go back to autopage again!