Altech Autopage / Repairs and repairs and repairs

1 South Africa Review updated:

I upgraded my phone to a Nokia e51 in November, I had the phone for about five weeks and the menu started rolling, it then jammed, it was still under guarantee so I took it back. A month later it came back, had it for one day and it did the same thing, it went back to Autopage, another month later it came back, and it did the same thing. I phoned the head office in Durban and complained and he assured me that I would get a new phone on the third repair, well it did happen again, and it went back again. I phoned the manager in Durban - again, and told him that I want a replacement phone, to be told that no company in the cell phone business changes a phone unless it is faulty within seven days. I checked out a couple of the other companies to be told that the handset would've been changed with a choice to the customer of what is needed. The manager in Durban denied this again, and he said that I had to have the same phone back because the technicians are going to replace the motherboard. I am utterly and totally disgusted in the service from Altech Autopage, they do not take the customers needs into consideration. I am however going to take this further, and I will never use Altech again, once my contract is up I will use another service provider.I have been with Altech for many years, but this is the last straw, and I will spread the name around as being a disgusting and non compliant company.

Ji

Comments

• Ve
      27th of Aug, 2009

I Agree, I have a Samsung J750 which is giving me terrible problems. Sometimes I am not able even to use the phone. Phoned Altech and they said that its the "joystick" i dont believe that, because I can not use any one off the buttons on the phone when the phone is slided open. It's so difficult just to send an sms. No the phone started going white and I need to thake the battery out and switch the phone on again. This problem is consisting and irritating the hell out off me. When I phoned them they said the phone needs to be send in for repairs which could take up to ±4weeks!!! Can you believe that. I cant be without a phone for even a day, and where should I get another phone to use if they are going to have my phone??? And the best part off all, when you get your phone back after all that time it doesn't come back working, it comes back with 10 more other faults. Think they should start thinking about the clients and the clients needs.

• Yu
      28th of Oct, 2009

Phone given on the 22nd of August 2009 for repairs, made about 50 calls to the Pine Crest Branch in Pinetown, the staff at the branch as at today cannot locate or trace my phone. They have been very unprofessional and I have received no help from them. Their customer service "stinks”. They promise to return my calls but never do. If I do not get any response from your section by the end of the day, I am going to the media to expose your company’s inefficiency and poor service.

• Mp
      2nd of Dec, 2010

I gave back my phone for repairs it a nokia E63 I sent it back on thursday on the 25th and i still haven't had anything on what is happening about it.