Altec Autopage / Useless service

1 South Africa Review updated:

18th December had my cell-phone stolen
19th December went to Autopage, Parklands, Western Cape, 10.00 am. bought and paid for replacement sim card - told 2 - 24 hr activation.
2oth December telephoned the Autopage helpline late afternoon - told 2 - 24hr activation.
22nd December visited the Autopage, Parklands - told that it would be sorted in the next few minutes and to try switching on again. He telephoned about an hour later to advaise - activation in 2 - 24 hours.
23rd December, phone Autopage Parklands and told it is out of his hands - in the system and again - 2 - 24 hours.
24th December - telephoned Autopage helpline, discovered that the fool at Parklands gave them the incorrect sim card number, but not to worry, now sorted and will be activated in ---------- 2 - 24 hours!
26th December - after 3 calls to the helpline, one fool promising to have it activated immediately - not one person prepared to put me through to the supervisor - 3.00pm and still no activation. Now 7 days - after a further 2 calls, the last person spoken to (all names with-held), has advised that the supervisor, does not want to take the call - but --- I will be in huge trouble if I withheld my monthly contract payment!!! Autopage - you are disgusting!!!

Sa

Comments

• Cs
      11th of Jan, 2009

I have been using your cellc network now for 2years and now after I have renewed my contract my contract is a huge mess. Every night from 7 till after 12 I can not use my internet on the phone. I disagree with you that puts off our internet. I pay my cantract every month for you to give me a service. But all I can do what you offer me is phone calls and sms. I want this problem fixed. I mean I pay R150 a month for you to give me the service Im paying for. And no it is not a network problem becouse all other cellc costemers that is not using altec is still able to get on to the internet and no it is not my phone either. Please fix this so I can use my internet at night.

• Na
      14th of Jan, 2009

Altech Autopage has been harassing me for months. I have had a few calls from them offering me contracts, and I am not interested, and have told them so. I have asked them to take my number off their "potential customer" list and to STOP phoning me. Now they have taken to sending me SMS's. Although there is a number which you can reply to with STOP, ostensibly not to be bothered anymore, the reply does not go through, an additional aggravation.

There should be a way to get them to STOP?

• Ne
      18th of Apr, 2012
    Altec Autopage - Poor service and charging for a service they not providing
    Altec Autopage
    South Africa

I have been with Autopage 18years - I have 2 contracts. On a Black Berry Bold we got 5 months ago - we had a screen go blank.Took it into to the Sea Point branch of Autopage. Waited over 6 weeks - ( they could not even BOTHER to try promise to TRY back up the contacts) After complaining to the head office - finally we got 1 sms to say the BB could be collected ( repaired or replaced)I went to collect - no word - no note from them. When I took it home and switched it on - it was JUST the same - they had not touched it. I called - emailed the head office- threatened legal action etc - finally a Thersia van Staaden from the managing directors office called to say she would sort it out - please take the unit back to the Sea Point branch so she could get it done.The manager (Yuri) of the Sea Point branch promised me he would come back to me in 24hrs- despite numerous emails and calls - NO word - no news three weeks later from anyone.AND the BIS which I pay for is not working and they are charging me for it. They fail to answer any emails or messages.