Ally / eDeposit system failure

I have appreciated everything about my Ally accounts except for their eDeposit system. Sometimes I can make a deposit in less than a minute, but often, it can take an hour to make a deposit because of glitches in their online deposit system, having to call to report a problem, and waiting to speak to someone. Never are they able to explain why the problem is occurring or how to correct it, but indicate someone from tech support will need to call back. Tech support never calls back. Today, I made a deposit of one check with no problems and attempted to make a second deposit. It went through seamlessly until the final step where the deposit is confirmed and gave me a message "Oops, the deposit could not be made for the following reason." There was nothing stated as to the reason. It instructed me to start over. When I did and got to the confirmation, I got a message it could not be deposited because I had already made the deposit. I called to see whether the deposit actually went through. The Ally rep stated this cannot be confirmed for 2 working days. Because today is Saturday, and Monday is a holiday, that means I won't get confirmation for 5 days, during which I will not know whether the deposit went through or not. When I complained about the ongoing problems with the eDeposit system, I was told that eDeposit is a new service for Ally and that they are aware of many problems with the system but they are working out the details. As I've been making deposits for a year, I don't consider this a new service, and find it terrifying that in a year, they cannot get the system operational and that they began the system when it was not operational.

Wv
May 25, 2013

Comments

• Db
      13th of Apr, 2010
    Ally - Opened an account without authorization
    Ally
    San Antonio
    Texas

I went to the Ally site a few weeks ago and completed the information to open a CD. The next step, which I chose not to complete, was to confirm two small deposits in my existing checking account. To my surprise, Ally took the money and are now refusing to put the money back.