Ally / eDeposit system failure
I have appreciated everything about my Ally accounts except for their eDeposit system. Sometimes I can make a deposit in less than a minute, but often, it can take an hour to make a deposit because of glitches in their online deposit system, having to call to report a problem, and waiting to speak to someone. Never are they able to explain why the problem is occurring or how to correct it, but indicate someone from tech support will need to call back. Tech support never calls back. Today, I made a deposit of one check with no problems and attempted to make a second deposit. It went through seamlessly until the final step where the deposit is confirmed and gave me a message "Oops, the deposit could not be made for the following reason." There was nothing stated as to the reason. It instructed me to start over. When I did and got to the confirmation, I got a message it could not be deposited because I had already made the deposit. I called to see whether the deposit actually went through. The Ally rep stated this cannot be confirmed for 2 working days. Because today is Saturday, and Monday is a holiday, that means I won't get confirmation for 5 days, during which I will not know whether the deposit went through or not. When I complained about the ongoing problems with the eDeposit system, I was told that eDeposit is a new service for Ally and that they are aware of many problems with the system but they are working out the details. As I've been making deposits for a year, I don't consider this a new service, and find it terrifying that in a year, they cannot get the system operational and that they began the system when it was not operational.
More Ally Complaints & Reviews
- Ally Bank - sanctions fraud 
- Ally Bank - Danger deposits 
- Ally Bank - Lease buy out 
- Ally Bank - TV Commercial 
- Ally Auto Financial Services - Bad Service and Dangerous Web Practices 
- Ally Financial - auto lease
- Ally Financial - customer service
- Ally Financial - checking/savings accounts
- Ally Financial - car response tried to get car back but they won't hear me out.
- Ally Financial - unethical behavior, scam, negligence, false information, quality control scam.