Allstate / using points that have been earned for auction.

I've tried repeatedly to use my points for merchandise. It's just impossible to place or win anything when you can only place 1 point above another bidder. And their web site doesn't seem to be able to handle the bidders. You can't set a Max Bid.(unlike e-bay for example). WHY NOT????. My latest attempt to use the points was 12-16-2015.. Its a perk that is useless...if you can't use them. I feel like its a scam!!! And it's not like you are really saving anything with the little blue tattle tale box that's installed in your car. All the info they are gathering and giving you nothing (in reality). So I think I will take the box out and send it back. Maybe someone else has had the same experience that I have had and can share. thanks

Te
Dec 16, 2015

Comments

• Su
      6th of Feb, 2016

I agree totally with all you have said it's useless and the rewards is a joke . I sat once or twice watch the bidding ... nothing soon as I placed a bid it went nuts ? I think its a scam . I complained to them and got No response

• Me
      6th of Apr, 2016

I agree you can look at the auctions they lay dormant, the minute you make a bid the things goes nuts with you have been outbid. I am willing to bet Allstate has an auto bidder on their system designed to always outbid so they do not have to pay out prize winnings. I have tested this over and over with even the auctions no one would really want, nothing then BAAM suddenly everyone wants it ? I think not LOL

• Se
      9th of May, 2016

I totally agree, it looks like a scam. who wants to sit in front of the screen and pressing PLACE BID all day. It's just wasting my time, I rather buy it from the store. It's a stupid ideas by pressing PLACE BID one at a time. REALLY, REALLY STUPID.

• De
      25th of May, 2016

I personally don't believe that there are THAT many people, that are allstate users, sitting on their site, bidding all day long. Not even ebay gets this much attention. I am with the rest, this is nothing more than a scam, ... operating to make it appear as if there is actually excitement using their system.

My question is, do any people really even use their offers for points? Quite frankly, I can clip the same coupons from a book or get them on line with out having to have "points" from Allstate. No value.

• Lo
      5th of Aug, 2016

I agree. Who actually sits at the computer all day to place bids? Maybe someone house bound, but not your typical Allstate customer. I have only won 3 auctions in the 2 years I have been on the site, and 2 of them were for Restaurant.com, which doesn't count because if you don't frequent the restaurants on their site, these cards are useless. I have also noticed that in the summertime the bidding goes sky high for stuff that just isn't worth the large number of points being bid. What's that about? Everyone on vacation? (Refer to comment in first sentence above.) The bids are way, way too high to be real, so I agree with the others that have said it's a scam. I would rather they allow us to use our points to save $$ on our premiums. Commerce Visa allows you to amass points and deduct from your CC bill. Why not Allstate? I have asked but have never gotten a reply. Oh, and they just changed their webpage so when you step away from the computer, it reverts back to your Allstate main page, not the Rewards page, so you have to log out and log back in again. I've also asked them about that ... and of course, no answer.

• Ka
      28th of Aug, 2016

I also agree. I get so frustrated trying to win something, but I keep trying. Now, I see it just won't happen! Allstate needs to find a solution to this
    problem. Someone is winning the items, aren't they?!?!?!?

• Ke
      12th of Sep, 2016

I checked out the auctions about a year ago and 100, 000 points was worth comfortably about $500 in merchandise (assuming you win an auction), after checking closed auction results. Now 100, 000 points is worth at best $100! I noticed the minimum bid was increased to 20 from 10 on most auctions (instantly doubled the point price). As well, I noticed that the price will be driven up with 10-15 minutes left in an auction with a maddening rate of bids! No one is that dumb to drive up the price with a no minimum. You just wait until the final 10 second and you all hit it at once.. I think Allstate either has a bot bidding or they pay some people minimum wage to sit on auctions and counter bid every time someone bids. I think this is why they don't show who is bidding in an auction, just that a bid was made, since would see the same few idiots doing this over and over only to find they are Allstate paid staff. Also, same reason they don't let us set a maximum bid and let the auction self run, since the Allstate staff would win every auction when they bid over the max of the real bidders! I think Allstate didn't like that people were getting a real benefit that impacted Allstate's bottom line. The bigger issue for me is that out of the four categories they track me I'm an A level on three of them, but total miles I am 15, 000 a year. That is a 4% discount only!! They weight miles 90% of the discount, the other categories are a joke. Give up my privacy (and they probably sell that data as well!!) and points are almost worthless now. I'm shopping around now for other insurance.

28th of Nov, 2016

This gimmick is advertised as a benefit, but it is more of detriment to the Allstate business. I am going to tell my agent about the misleading advertising and ask that they report this back to their corporate office. If not, they will be loosing me as a customer.

• Br
      23rd of Jan, 2017

I have been an Allstate member for over a year and have not been able to out bid anyone yet, these rewards are a scam and I believe we are all being scammed, just wait the truth will come out in a few years and they will get fined by the government and pay millions and we get nothing.

• Bi
      23rd of Mar, 2017

I have tried to win and bid on several things...I cannot click to do anything fast enough to win. Called Allstate and she said it just the way the computer chooses people to win gift cards. I'm out! Done!

• Al
      26th of Mar, 2017

Yep. No amount of clicking will win you any of their stuff. I have now bid on roughly 15 items on the site, having socked away 225, 000 points. Doesn't matter. Can't win anything. Even when I am positive I was the last to click something, it still went to someone else.

• Ka
      19th of Apr, 2017

This is so obviously a scam and so obviously not sent by AllState. I hope none of you provided your personal information.

• Bi
      24th of May, 2017

What's with the high bidding the last couple weeks? Seriously, 150, 000 points for a $5.00 gift card!!?? I agree this is a scam. When I first signed up over 2 years ago, I won 3 sweepstakes within 6 months; $10 Whole Foods card, $20 gas card, and junk necklace worth about $20. Since then, nothing. Can never win auctions. About a year ago, they reduced the number of auctions and increased bid increments. Then came higher winning bids on each item. Now the bids are thru the roof! There should be an investigation. Very suspicious activity!! If Allstate can't run a legitimate rewards program, I'm skeptical about them if you have an insurance claim. Not to mention the drivewise program which is probably collecting info. To base your premiums on. Buyer BEWARE! Protect your personal information. I see a class action coming very soon.

• Pa
      26th of Jul, 2017

So I was thinking about a year ago I should save my rewards that way I can bid really high...I go into the auction and there are bids at 400, 000 to 300, 000. yes I am convinced this is a scam and no one is actually winning. the bids are too high and realistically no one is going to bid 150, 000 for a $5 auto zone gift card...

• Ra
      24th of Jan, 2018

Since when does a bid on a $100 value item require a half of a million points??? How does anyone accumulate so many points?

• Da
      3rd of Sep, 2018

I used all my points for a $10 AMC gift card but when I went to claim it I was told the product had sold out???? WTF???? I'M calling tomorrow. This is a [censored]ing scam! 800-642-2609.

• Da
      4th of Sep, 2018

I did manage to get my gift card after calling customer service. They claimed it was an issue with my phone and tablet not being able to download the card... 2 years of points for a $10 gift card. What a waste of time. I think it's still a scam to get you to buy stuff.