Allegiant Air - No AC on Planes! / poor service, bad flight
We opted to fly to Vegas via Allegiant Air out of Stockton, rather than flying out of Sacramento...BIG MISTAKE!
I would never recommend Allegiant Air after what we experienced this past week (July 21-25th, 2009).
The plane had little/no air conditoning, and they offered no complimentary water on their short flight (because as the staff said, they "aren't required to offer anything"). It was at least 85-90 degrees in the cabin the entire flight, from boarding to arrival.
We were soaking in our own sweat, both to Vegas and on the flight back a few days later. When we begged the staff to turn on the air, they said "it will come on in just a few minutes, don't worry". It never did.
You will realize that once you try to book a flight on Allegiant Air, it is NOT as cheap as you thought...they tack-on every kind of add-on they can, from being able to choose your seat, to priority boarding. If you try to reach them by phone...no one ever answers. They even charge to have any kind of checked-baggage...no freebies anywhere.
Contrary to what you may have heard, the Stockton airport DOES charge for parking ($5 a day for oernight parking). While this is alot cheaper than Sacto, it's still an extra charge you need to plan for.
Buyer beware - don't fly Allegiant Air!
More Allegiant Air - No AC on Planes! Complaints & Reviews
- Allegiant Air - no contingency plan! 
- Allegiant Air - buyer beware the super-low fare - disgust awaits you! 
- Allegiant Air - bait & switch! 
- Allegiant Airlines - carry on luggage 
- Allegiant Air - cancellation rip off 
- Allegiant Airlines - cancellation policy 
- Allegiant Air - non responsive cutomer service 
- Allegiant Airlines - conditions on plane
- Allegiant Air - parking free
- Allegiant Airlines - website - navigate at your own risk