Allegiant Air / bad business polices
First of it takes a lot for me to file a complaint. What I speak of we have experienced over that last year. Therefore, this is an overall complaint and statement on what I feel are bad business polices and their philosophies. Not this is strictly my opinion.
Allegiant Air has many problems in dealing with consumers. All summed up they are a bait and switch operation.
Their rules are designed to lure you in to additional cost and make it extremely hard to get any reasonable customer service. Newcomers beware, the reservation system does not tell you the full price till very late in the process. The initial price is only a teaser. They nickel and dime you to death; charge you to select a seat, charge you for checked luggage, etc. You are really not saving much in most cases. In addition, if you miss a fight, no credit toward a future flight. (after loosing information on flight we called and was given incorrect info, thus missing a flight). This list goes on. But even worse they charge you extra to purchase your ticket online, then you go to the airport only to find out that they only sell tickets during certain hours that are not posted anywhere we could find them. We have experience all of the above in a negative way. I have now only had one non-problematic fight with this airline out of a number. But no more we a are though after we use this last ticket. God help us to make it through the current issue & return with our sanity.
I believe they and their polices should not supported. Keep your standards high. They need to fail.
More Allegiant Air Complaints & Reviews
- Allegiant Air - no contingency plan! 
- Allegiant Air - buyer beware the super-low fare - disgust awaits you! 
- Allegiant Air - bait & switch! 
- Allegiant Airlines - carry on luggage 
- Allegiant Air - cancellation rip off 
- Allegiant Airlines - cancellation policy 
- Allegiant Air - non responsive cutomer service 
- Allegiant Airlines - conditions on plane
- Allegiant Air - parking free
- Allegiant Airlines - website - navigate at your own risk