All My Sons Moving and Storage / Horrible experience!
We were moving only 4.4 miles, but thought it a good idea to let professionals handle the big stuff. I saw the impressive 2-page ad for All My Sons and arranged for three men and a truck. The three men(who all spoke a little English), were shown the large items we wanted moved. The process moved very slowly as they completely mummified everything in shrink-wrap for the big four mile journey. They seemed more interested in moving the small things and had little regard for our priority for items to be moved. When my son showed them his desk to be moved, one of them said, "no, I'm just here for the box". They worked for almost 11-hours and filled one medium truck. They moved only 1/2 of the things we wanted moved. They didn't set up any beds, and failed to tell us about any of the wall wall dings including a deep 3-inch gouge into the sheet rock. The broke a leg off my daughter's new hutch, TAPED it in place, and then blamed my son in law for it!
When we met them at the new house, they refused to unload until we signed the credit card slip. They were charging us $1,903 for one fairly small load! Apparently, the rate after 8 hours goes from $119/hr to $178.50/hour. They also billed almost $100 for all that tape and shrink wrap, and had the audacity to bill 12% (on the total!) as a "fuel surcharge" (almost $200) for the big 4-mile journey. One of the managers (Dan) claims all "reputable" movers charge this. Well, they don't. For instance, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK don't charge overtime or a fuel surcharge for local moves.
Ironically, the one thing they didn't mummify in shrink wrap was our expensive king-sized mattress, which they rolled up like a taco and synched straps around. They acted like they had never moved a large mattress before.
Needless to say, we had to hurriedly rent a U-haul and round up some guys to move many of the things I thought our movers would. (Three of us did about as much as they did in 1/4th the time). I would never use All My Sons again.
More All My Sons Moving and Storage Complaints & Reviews
- All My Sons Moving and Storage - Bad service
- All My Sons Moving and Storage - Fraud and scam 
- All My Sons Moving and Storage - Completely horrible moving experience
- All My Sons Moving and Storage - The business as a whole 
- All My Sons Moving and Storage - Dishonest and Unreliable
- All My Sons Moving & Storage - household goods held hostage
- All My Sons Moving & Storage - local move - 2 for the price of 3
- All My Sons Moving & Storage - moving
- All My Sons Moving - moving
- All My Sons Moving and Storage - STAY AWAY from All My Sons for a Move