All My Sons Moving and Storage / Fraud and scam

I moved to San Antonio from Ft. Worth using All My Sons out of Dallas. We thought these were nice enough people on the first day of packing. We were warned by the crew on the second day of packing that the day 1 crew 'liked our stuff too much and had to be replaced.' They asked about the value of a couple of items that we didn't think too much about. We fed the movers every meal for three days of packing and loading and ensured they had plenty to drink. I started getting concerned when the crew chief said he thought he could get the items into one truck (it took 2 1/2 trucks).

When the truck showed up about 6 hours later than scheduled in San Antonio, (minus one worker they left at a restaurant on accident) they started throwing our belongings off the truck (sometimes literally). As we started to unpack the boxes we were finding most of the breakable items were not even packed properly and usually without any protection. A Desk was shattered, many, many items were broken and lots of items missing.

This brings us back to another scam these people are pulling on customers. They said we needed this expensive insurance policy because our stuff was 'too nice' and wanted to make sure everything was covered. Well, as it turns out, not very much was covered. The Bakers Insurance Company which is linked on the All My Sons web site is somehow tied to these people and find a way to dis-allow almost everything. They are sooooo apologetic about it too. I threatened to file a police report on the missing items and spoke to Mr. Clair about this.

When the claim was finished and the insurance company denied most of the items, I told them I was filing the report. Bakers called Mr. Clair (who wouldn't return my call) and negotiated that they split a very small percentage of what the value was of these items.

As we have been getting settled we have continued to find small items missing such as tonight when we pulled my daughters sewing table inside for the first time thinking that the sewing machine that was inside last time we saw it would be there. Guess what...another missing item. Mr. Clair says his people are screened and qualified. I am not sure who does the screening and/or the training but judging by the condition of my belongings (the ones that actually showed up) they have not been properly trained except in the criminal acts that they show quality work at.

Mr. Clair said my move was not weight based (not sure) but every single box had extra trash that the movers put in to include all empty tape rolls, every bottle of gatorade/water that we gave them that were only half used. This aspect alone tells me this is a corporate policy. I am still considering filing a police report on this company.

To

Comments

• Pe
      8th of Apr, 2010

I think everyone that had a problem with All My Sons Moving & Storage should post but also you should put which city and state use. We are all have the same name but we all run our own business. I really don't think you should put us all in the same brackett. We pride ourselfs in giving the customer the upmost respect and courtsey. We pack everything so it doesn't get broke in the move. We take our time to make sure everything is secure. All our drivers and helpers are trained before they go on a job. We have qualified workers to do the job professional. I just believe that you all are putting us in one bracket and its not fair to the ones who are wrongly accuse.

• Mo
      13th of Aug, 2014

If you are operating as an independent within this franchise, then it would be in your best interest(s) to question corporate policy. If you are operating under the same corporate name, the you should consider changing it.

I have had an extremely frustrating adventure (WDC METRO) (ALL MY THUGS MOVING) and the complaints will go directly to the FMCSA and my bank. There is no point in trying to work with the local franchise as the whole structure is inept and corrupt. The main office (consumer) in DALLAS showed no concern when the truck disappeared from the grid on a 68 mile road trip for four hours.The movers themselves were lazy, uncaring and appeared to just having recently been released from prison (especially the one with the tattooed tear drops).

It seems this business venture has turned to franchising to make profits rather then relying on sound customer service. If you are operating within this franchise/authority, then I have no sympathy for you.