Alitalia / my luggage is broken and alitalia desk at the airport refused to accept it

1 Rome, Italy

Dear sir and Madam,
I arrived in Fiumicino airport from Tehran to Rome at 7 am on 31.08.2018 flight Nr.AZ 757 in terminal 3. I picked up my luggage at belt 10. unfortunately I couldn't open the handle (telescope handle is stuck) . Then I found a 3-4 cm cut on my luggage so I went to Alitalia desk to inform them. They refused to accept my damages because it is a mechanic non function and the cut with a hole is not accepted as well. I wanted to speak to their manager but they told me i should wait there, he/ she will come later. I have two children waiting for me at home.
What kind of customer care is this? I never experienced such unprofessional staff of any other airline. I am very much disappointed and still hope that you could compensate my damages. You definitely won't like to loose a loyal customer.
Either you refund 110 euro for my damaged luggage or you exchange it with another Samsonite luggage. please see attached pictures.
Regards,