Alitalia / my luggage is broken and alitalia desk at the airport refused to accept it
Dear sir and Madam,
I arrived in Fiumicino airport from Tehran to Rome at 7 am on 31.08.2018 flight Nr.AZ 757 in terminal 3. I picked up my luggage at belt 10. unfortunately I couldn't open the handle (telescope handle is stuck) . Then I found a 3-4 cm cut on my luggage so I went to Alitalia desk to inform them. They refused to accept my damages because it is a mechanic non function and the cut with a hole is not accepted as well. I wanted to speak to their manager but they told me i should wait there, he/ she will come later. I have two children waiting for me at home.
What kind of customer care is this? I never experienced such unprofessional staff of any other airline. I am very much disappointed and still hope that you could compensate my damages. You definitely won't like to loose a loyal customer.
Either you refund 110 euro for my damaged luggage or you exchange it with another Samsonite luggage. please see attached pictures.
British citizen living in Rome
email: [email protected]
More Alitalia Complaints & Reviews
- Alitalia - Worst customer service! 
- Alitalia - Avoid Alitalia Airlines! 
- Alitalia - beroepshouding stewards, zoekraken bagage, tel.bereikbaarheid enz.
- Alitalia - DO NOT FLY ALITALIA 
- Alitalia - seat booking 
- Alitalia - refund
- Alitalia - delayed flights arriving on saturday 8.9.18 at 2:55 am instead of friday 7.9.18 at 13:50 pm
- Alitalia - payment not received
- Alitalia - no response 
- Alitalia - charge for baggage