AliExpress / bad service and cost to the buyer
Purchase a sandals online via aliexpress.
Seller provided china post tracking number to avoid dispatching time expiry.
Yet i requested tnt delivry and was charged $30
Total cost $ 95
Parcel landed in south africa.
Supplier declared value to tnt express as $ 80
Customs charged me r890 clearance fee
I requested the refund of $40 from supplier by doing a dispute.
It was approved.
Customs requested my payment for this transaction . Which reflected $ 95
Customs said i must pay r2500 penalty for false declaration before they can release the parcel.
This means the sandals will be costing me r 5000 ( $350)
I contact aliepxress and the seller.
Both are ignoring me.
Sent an email to ali and the supplier.
Week later no response.
Spent over r 100 000 at aliexpress and this is the outcome.
More AliExpress Complaints & Reviews
- Aliexpress.com / Alibaba.com - buyer protection & escrow & service is a scam 
- AliExpress - cheating 
- AliExpress.com - avoid like the plague 
- AliExpress - defective products on aliexpress 
- AliExpress - fraudulent charges 
- Worldchips - tda7492 2x50w wireless bluetooth 4.0 stereo amplifier board
- AliExpress - serrapeptase, enteric coated, from mbhave, order id : 1019 646 473 177 02, ordered on may 20 2019: can $ 204.47
- AliExpress - extremely unethical seller didn't ship the order, didn't extend buyer protection time and basically stole my money and don't reply to emails 
- AliExpress - phone
- AliExpress - bad place for shopping