[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Carrental car services at iah houston airport

V Sep 22, 2017

The experience at Alamo was beyond horrific. The customer service was the worst I have experienced on the day I landed. I went to collect my car that I had reserved but ended up waiting at Allamo for 7 hours with my daughter and her baby after flying for over 10 hours and then going through Airport security. As I forgot my card in London they would not take my daughters card as payment even though she would be a named driver had a passport and full driving licence. They then suggested that a Barclays debit card could not be used to pay which was false. We were waiting so long for a resolution that never came. We were staying in Austin so had no where to go and no way of getting to anywhere else in the mean time. We had no US adaptors and our phones had died. We had 6 suitcases and handluggage to deal with. We needed to get to Austin. The staff were extremely rude, unhelpful, and no empathy was displayed. In the UK the rental experience is a pleasant stress free experience this was the complete opposite. To make matters worse when we found a way to leave we then returned the next day to rent with a different company. However we returned to Alamo much to my dismay and ended up getting a new rental that cost 200 dollars more than the reservation I had the day before!!! The customer service was better than the day before as we were served by a gentlemen called [removed]. However due to the disgusting attitude and treatment by Alamo staff the day before we lost an entire day of our holiday and were stuck in Houston. My daughter's baby was put through the most stress. Words cannot describe what we went through. The booking was made for the 11th to the 22nd of September. Please can something be done about your representative [removed] and her colleague who served us. Please can you get justice for the horrid experience and waste of time and money.

[removed]

Tel: +[removed]

• Resolution Statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response · Sep 26, 2017

VivMar, thanks for contacting the Social Media Team regarding your recent experience. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. As a one-time courtesy and for the chance to earn your loyalty, I would like to email two coupons for free rental day to be used towards your next rental in North America. These coupons are good in the U.S. and Canada on an economy through full size vehicle and will expire on 12-31-2037. If you would like to accept my offer, please respond affirmatively to this message at your earliest convenience and I will process the coupons immediately and send them to the email address on file. Thank you. - Carol H. (Incident ID is: [protected])