AIU American Intercontinential University / Ripped me off of my degree & transcrips

1 Hoffman Estates, IL, United States Review updated:

My complaint is about a college that has a lot of complaints against them right now and I think they should be reported the Better Business Bureau. The School I'm talking about is AIU (American InterContinential Univeristy. This school is a money hungry whore, who sole purpose is to get people like myself, that are in the active military to take online classes to obtain a degree whether it is an Associates or a Bachelors degree. This school sucks really bad. I enrolled in this school while I was deployed in Iraq. While I was there I had enough things to worry about, but getting my education online shouldn't be one of them, especially since I'm in the military. Anyway so I'm taking classes online to obtain my Associate in Business Adminstration. I'm passing each classes and it only took me about 11 months which is outstanding so I graduated and so forth and so on and I'm thinking to myself when am I going to get my degree and my transripts sent to me, so a month pass and I call the college and they told me that I owe a balance of $4, 400. A balance of $4, 400.00 that's insane. How could that have happened I had military Tuition Assistance to pay for my college which made my tuition free, and now I owe the school money how is that. They went on to say that Tuition Assistance only pay a small portion, which was bull...t. I did my resource. The school adminstrator sent me and email and it show that the school tuition rate was $250.00 per semester hour so how could that be. This school is full of it. I don't have $4, 400. to pay this school, furthermore now I can't get my diploma or my transcript release until I pay this bill off. Is there anyone that can help me. I fully regret taking this school online. This is a public service announcement for all the military personnel, and civilians as well, do not sign up for classes at AIU online. They are a ripped off and they thrive on hardworking people like myself to gain a prophet off of you!!

Comments

• Hu
      6th of May, 2009

i total agree

• Ca
      25th of Sep, 2011

I'm on the same boat. In 2005 I answered one of the online consumer questionnaires, and I said "I would like to go to college in the next 5 yrs" then someone kept calling my home but I am a stay at home mom with cronic health problems. Didn't think I could get a loan, I was being easily influenced to "sign up" by the sales guy for AIU.
    I was collecting public assistance and had never recieved a loan. graduated in 1993 and had no college career but they gave me a loan miraculuously, when they shouldn't have. Fannie Mae did. I didn't work since 2001 Kmart cafe, I had no income. But needless to say they sent the same books every month and my computer was so slow, for the class. I got an A in labs by doing nothing and the bill got up to $5000+. When all I did was read the same books about Martha Stewart and Enron for two to three months and signed in to get homework assignment but couldn't do them because I wasn't learning from anyone, just reading. never seen a teacher nor did a lab?
    How does this equal $5000 from me? Maybe I should have told someone sooner, but they could care less like me about this class after 2 weeks, now I can't get the money back from them to give back to Fannie Mae. I didn't recieve any checks from anyone but because I electronically signed the applications I owe them? I can't afford to pay them and feel rebellious because they did nothing but let the bill accumulate. Beware of the salepreson that doesn't know what he's doing to peoples life.