AirTran Airways / we will never use them again
I must start by saying that the actual flight, including the attendants, for all four of the flights we took between May 24th and May 28th 2008 were great. It was the customer service/check-in, etc. that we dealt with mainly at the Atlanta airport.
On May 24th our flight from Flint Bishop Airport was literally 5 minutes late, which prevented us from making our connecting flight to West Palm Beach FL. We were late due to the fact that we had to wait for another AirTran flight to arrive so we actually had a crew on our flight. Although we were told by the customer service agent in Flint that they would call ahead and try to have them hold the connecting flights in Atlanta, I hardly think that happened.
We arrived in Atlanta at 8 a.m. only to be told we couldn't be guaranteed another flight until 8 p.m. While we did try to get stand-by seats on a 10:30 a.m. flight that one came up overbooked, which was a word I heard throughout the C Concourse frequently for AirTran flights during the 12 hour stay I endured at the airport.
Of course when we finally got to West Palm Beach late that night, we had to go on a hunt for our luggage at the AirTran desk where the lights were off and the 800 number that was posted on the desk led to a recorded voice message. Luckily there was a lovely young lady in the back who did have our bags. They basically screwed us out of an entire day of vacation.
I also find it odd that while we were only offered 1 meal voucher (for 12 hours) for unwillingly having to wait for a later flight - people who voluntarily gave up their seats to take a later flight were offered free flights! Good luck! Free flights with them are still too pricey! I do agree with another complaint I read on here that the AirTran staff at Atlanta Airport are Horrible.
More AirTran Airways Complaints & Reviews
- Southwest Airlines - items stolen out of luggage. 
- Southwest Airlines - baggage lost 
- AirTran Airways - airtran cancellation charges 
- Southwest Airlines - refund money credit from last year 
- Southwest Airlines - open seating - not 
- Southwest Airlines - missed connecting flight/southwest pilot and flight attendants promised everyone would make their connecting flights
- Southwest Airlines - cancelled flights
- Southwest Airlines - flight 1999 on 2/15/2019 between punta cana and chicago midway
- Southwest Airlines - flight 
- Southwest Airlines - rude and unprofessional flight attendants on flight 1999