Airtel / Hello Tunes / airtel hello tunes is very costly!

1 India Review updated:

I've been trying to download a hello tune, based on the information given in the website of Airtel, by calling a direct no. [protected]. I've tried it several times, it asks for options from the menu. If they've mentioned that this is a direct call no. Why is it so that they are charging people @6 INR per min and that too asking for questions and options from the main menu. Ideally a direct no. Shouldn't be asking so many questions and should directly start downloading the tunes. But this is not the case here and this according to me is fooling public. If they've mentioned in their site that this is the direct call no. then it shouldn't be asking for all the menu options, as listening to all the songs in the list is very costly (@6 Rs./min).

Thanks,
Manu.

Comments

15th of Apr, 2007

Airtel service is better than other service.

• Cl
      22nd of Apr, 2007

A copy of email to Airtel:

I am an Airtel Pre-Paid Subscriber. I had called up your customer care number with regards to my hello tune issue. I have been requesting to cancel my hello tunes from the last three months but my query has not been sorted out. The hello tune subscription has not been cancelled inspite of speaking to your customer care officer Rizwan instead of helping me to solve my query he said there is no solution and dropped the call . I called back and spoke to Umesh and asked him to transfer the call to the supervisor on floor and he transfered me to Shahid who said he was the supervisor on floor. I explained the issue to him and he said that he would try to resolve the issue within 6 hours. If this is the service you provide I would have to change from airtel to some other company. (FYI: I have a recorded piece of the conversation had with Shahid).

• Ta
      22nd of Apr, 2007

I think you can dial 678121 (rs6 per minute) to cancel your hello tune

• Ne
      26th of Apr, 2007

When I asked them to cancel my HELLO TUNES subscription, the guy forced me to continue with it and asked why I want to cancel it. When I said that I thought its a costly affair (Rs.30 per Month) he suggested an alternative of paying upfront Rs.200 for HelloTunes rental for a year.

When I insisted strongly that I wanted to cancel, he asked me to dial *106# and immediately it was deactivated.

• Je
      21st of May, 2007

Airtel Hello Tunes are very expensive and even to the call charges 6Rs per minute is also to much to pay for downloading the songs. I want to know how can i deactivate the hello tunes. Can anybody help me.

• Ak
      21st of May, 2007

I agree with everyone over here and even i think that airtel should decrease the hello tune rate... It should b 3 rs per minute not moer then that... And ppl please dont get influenced by airtel people... They cheat us alot and will convince u badly to spend money n stuff.... So be careful

• Ar
      22nd of May, 2007

display ur caller tunes

• 3f
      30th of May, 2007

Customer service simply sucks, I have had very bad experience with Airtel customer service, Rep don't speak English nor they understand. Actually there is no one to take the complaint. I have lost my money for nothing with Airtel.

• St
      31st of May, 2007

Ya it does take a long time to reach the agent and one tends to get stuck in the IVR. But i finally got hold of one, and the solution to deactivate Hello Tunes is to SMS "DHT" to 700. Charges 3/- and the deactivation would be processed in 48 hours. You can call 678121 for immediate deactivation. Call charges 6/-.

• Ca
      1st of Jun, 2007

Ideally calls, to Airtel, for Hello Tunes should be free of charge. If Airtel subscribers are to pay for Hello Tunes, they should not be charging us for making inquiries. Can they justify.

What is the purpose of us posting our complaints on the web? Is the management planning to take charge to address our grievances? I wonder...

• En
      21st of Jun, 2007

I tried to register for airtel hello tunes twice; on both the occasions they took 30Rs each so I was at a loss of 60RS and I did not get my hello tune at all... when I called cust service they had no record of it so I was told... are they even concerned; airtel customers should be treated with some due respect and pls we need some better customer service representatives...

• Pr
      22nd of Jun, 2007

I received one call from airtel branch for subscription of hellotunes, and the charge is Rs. 20, but they cut off Rs. 30 from my balance. I want to deactivate hellotunes as soon as possible. Also i want to stop the nonsense calls from airtel advertisements and sms of airtel advertisements.

• Ga
      27th of Jun, 2007

I do agree with you people... Every time i am losing some 45 + for these hello tunes... And sometimes people complain that they are not able to hear the hello tune while they call me... I don't know what this deception is...

• Ru
      7th of Jul, 2007

I want code of the hello tunes. But it is not on the net not on the customer care, and the song we like took a long time to find on the no-678, but after a long search we are unable to get it.

• Ka
      7th of Jul, 2007

I want set hell0 tunes. I want particularly one song "yaar yaar sivam" tamil song from kamalhassan movie of "anbe sivam". I tried last two weeks. Still now i cant set that songs as a hello tunes. I tried song chattier method. But when i dialed 393, i got this is not a valid number. How i set that songs as a hello tunes.

• Gu
      10th of Jul, 2007

Hi,

I faced these type of same problems,called one direct number gone through all the process. And successfully assailed hello tune, now my problem is when anybody calls from a landline they are not able to here hellotune and from the mobile hello tune is not clear, any have i am a scapegoat paying money monthly. I am not going to do this mistake next time.

• Ak
      17th of Jul, 2007

Firstly, they will apply d hello tune automatically and then deduct the money from balance.
    Secondly they use to send several msg.for pics but replying them, money will be deducted but no pic had been send. There funda is just to grab the money from customers nothing else.

20th of Jul, 2007

I' m a customer of airtel from last 5 months and not receiving my original billing statement. I called cust. service regarding this issue. Airtel agent answered that re-send the request one more time. Every month the same concern going on. Overall, my complain is that airtel is one of the best service provider, but their customer service representatives are not like to be seated in such a good company. They have made it like a govt. Dept. Seriously i m very upset with the c.s. Behavior. They do not know how to talk with the customers and even they use abusive language. So, please!

• Su
      24th of Jul, 2007

I like tata networking.

• Su
      24th of Jul, 2007

How to download hello tune?