Airtel / complain against airtel sim blocking system for prepaid connection
On my way back from my office on 1/09/07 , Saturday, in between 8.00 to 8.45pm somebody has stolen my cell phone with airtel sim from my bag. I immediately called the customer care personnel and requested to block my sim card but they declined the request and advised to produce a general diary memo of police to nearby airtel outlet, since it was too late so I followed the procedure next day first hour and went to nearby airtel outlet. Here they refused me to take any action on pretext of being Sunday and absence of there stuffs. Then once again I call the customer care and had a talk to a senior personnel and informed him the whole matter and request to block the sim, but unfortunately he rejected my request. He informed me that this sim blocking system is applicable only for postpaid connection but not for prepaid one and my connection being a prepaid he could not able to take any action.
My question is why this discrimination is going on and why airtel outlets refused to take any action on pretext of the day being the Sunday while they kept there outlets open and selling sim for new connection and that are being activated on Sundays in spite of it is a holiday. Having faced such incidence all my believe and respect to airtel, who claims to be the best and largest service and network provider, has been shattered.
More Airtel Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Airtel - for massage not out last one year
- Airtel Secure - airtel secure
- Bharti Airtel - mobile tower installation fraud
- Bharti Airtel - faulty sim cards
- Airtel India - mobile service issue.. fraud in bills