Airtel Broadband / misrepresentation of facts: service yax
I have recently signed up for a broadband scheme with Airtel for Rs 1,999 per month. After all installation and activation was done, I got a call from an Airtel representative the next day telling me that this amount of 1,999 is exclusive of service tax @12.36%. I was furious and wrote to Airtel stating that this clause:
1. Is not mentioned on their website where the product is advertised, not even in fine print
2. Is not on the brochure handed out to me by the guy who signed me up.
3. Was not even mentioned verbally at the time of sign-up.
I got a call today from the rep telling me that "it is always like this" (that service tax is extra). I am willing to buy that because when I sign up, I am watching what it will cost me per month; in this case, it's not Rs 1,999 but Rs 2,247. This should be told upfront and not left as a vague, ambiguous clause.
If a consumer is not specifically told that charges are exclusive of tax, they will do right to conclude that tax is included in the charges quoted to them.
This will go to consumer court, and I will keep you guys posted.
More Airtel Broadband Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - to disconnect landline/broadband connection 
- Bharti Airtel - network registration failed
- Bharti Airtel - allotting my airtel no to someone else
- Bharti Airtel - lane line and broadband services 
- Bharti Airtel - outgoing call issues