Airasiatreatment on board and security issue

Flight 171/01MAY COK to BKK

Passenger - P. Morizzo,
PNR: DJEPMV,
Seat: 14 A.

Before take off changed seat from 14A to 12A as Row 12 was empty with consent of a Flight Attendant as on 14A and 14B were a rather obese couple cornering me on 14A!

30 Min after T/O when already asleep, I was woken up by another Flight Attendant to be told that 12A-12C were crew seats?!
As a frequent user on this route I know that this is not correct and if they required it, it should have been blocked off before boarding.

To avoid a big argument I finally moved to 14D as my previous seat 14A was by now occupied by a sleeping lady.

As I was not willing to give up 12A without being given a reason the Flight Attendant informed me that was not allowed to change seats!!!
When I pointed out that I was in the same category of red seats she she rudely told me to go to another seat as the seats 12A to 12 C would be required to accommodate the pilot who was very tired!!!
I could not believe what I heard!!!

But some minutes later the cockpit door opened and the lady pilot was shown to these seats, lay down on them and SLEPT for 2 1/2 hours!!!

Then, when the 30 minutes announcement of arrival came over the pa, the lady pilot hurriedly got up and rushed to the cockpit!!!

Given the visible circumstances it can be safely assume that that for 2 1/2 hours this flight was piloted by one cockpit crew only over the bay of bengal!

This is highly unusual for a 2 man cockpit crew and represents a high risk situation!

She obviously was an operating crew as any supplementary crew would have just left the cockpit and sat on a vacant red set of which there were plenty such as 12BD, 14 DE and maybe others.

Also, if this pilot, after the bkk to cok was tired to her pretended extend she was definitely unfit for duty and should not have be sitting in the cockpit to take off from cok!

The thought of this kept me awake and alert during the whole time and some horrible remembrances crossed my mind such as the disaster caused by a German Wings Pilot flying in isolation in the cockpit or the scenery of an Air Asia flight from Indonesia that crashed when not even 2 pilots managed the sudden problems that happened.

Besides the flight attendant that was lying about the seating on the aircraft and was rude I consider the action of a cockpit crew member to sleep during the duty time on 3 passenger seats as a high security incident.

Best regards.

Peter Morizzo
Mail: [protected]@hotmail.com

Pe
May 01, 2018

Comments

•   May 07, 2018

There was not such flight:
    - Airasia 171/01MAY COK to BKK
    ! uselss complaint in full
    Regards,
    aryan(at)vivaldi.net

• Pe
      May 23, 2018

@Complainant20091 The flight was Air Asia or Thai Air Asia - FD171 on 01 May 2018 from Cochin, India to Bangkok, Thailand

The complaint will now be sent to the DGCA of India

• Pe
      May 23, 2018

And additionally it will be sent directly to Mr. Tony Fernandez

•   May 23, 2018

Prior to the submission, check your records - define the flight.
    If you do not have e-ticket / boarding pass / receipt etc, your submission will be useless.

For legal advise and legal complaint (for fee):
    aryan(at)vivaldi.net