Airasia / throw away unused tickets even worth more than usd200

1 Malaysia Review updated:

On 10th October 2008, I received an email from Airasia informing me that my flight Kuching-Macau (23rd October 2008) would be departing earlier at 9am. Which is 6hours 25mins earlier from the same flt that used to depart a month ago. I had no idea that this flight had been re-timed, only upon receiving their email. Thus, knowing that I was not able to depart that early due to meeting constraints, I had to call up their call centre to re-book myself on a flight which departs later than that.

On 12th October, I called their call centre (long distance) and I was put on hold for more than 30mins(normal practice) before Amy Leong answered. I told her about my situation, she told me that I was not able to change my flight to a later date, because that is the only flight (KCH-MFM) left in the century. AK had discontinue to operate this route.

She told me that I cannot change the destination either as stated in the Terms and Conditions, eventhough I agreed to forge out the difference. She also informed me that I cannot refund this ticket and the only option they gave me was either travel on this date or change to a flight earlier than this date. I told her, I was on another booking which I will arrive Kuching on 19th October, which is 4 days earlier, and how could I possible leave earlier than that. If I could, I would not have to go thru all the fuss of scrambling to get a later flight after my original booked flight.

This means that since I cannot travel on my original flight, cannot change my destination (by paying the difference), cannot refund, AK had no other flights for me to change my date of travel, I would just have to throw away this ticket(costing more than USD200) and buy a new one to travel on a later date. This is pure STRIPPING out of their so called ‘valued customer’.

Vt

Comments

• Fi
      3rd of Mar, 2010

AirAsia is bad and with poor management, thus it reflects in their customers services and the services they provide. We should all join the group in Facebook to let others know about the poor and bad services AA is providing, not only that, how AA cheats money out of their "valued customers"...

I will never fly on AA again. I hope others would also consider twice before making any bookings on AA...They claim to be a value airline, but in fact, their prices alot of times are more expensive than many world-class airlines, such as CX, SQ...E.g., flight from HK to Phuket can cost more than HKD4K (round trip), not including inflight meals, assigned seats, luggage cost...whereas in many cases other so called "non-value airlines" offer flights to the same destinations at much lower prices and include all the things that are not included on AA.