Air India / air india staff's malpractice at airport

Dear Sir,

I would like to bring to your kind attention to the malpractices of Air India staff at Jeddah Airport. My brother Mr. Abdul Jaleel kallidumban travelled to CCJ on yesterday, 9th April flight A1962 (PNR: HP7LY). Very regretfully I would like to point out the incidents we faced at Jeddah Air India airport counter:

1. He was an Executive Class passenger. We arrived at airport three hours before departure and passed e-ticket & passport to Business class counter. The counter staff told me that you don't have any booking in this flight, while I have upgraded his ticket to Business class and reissued it from Jeddah Air India Office. I show him the print-out from Air India Office Jeddah with full details including seat reservatin. As I am working in the same travel field I had an argument with that employee. He said contact Air India staff Mr. Vinod he can fix it. I am having RR1 booking with seat reservation 1A. I talk to Mr. Vinod he said I cannot do anything your booking is not in the system. If you want to travel then you have to pay some amount! I ask him where to pay? why to pay? How much to pay? He said if you want to travel then pay and keep quiet and he left. I went to another staff and he told me the same pay him some money and take your seat. This is an experience of an Executive class passenger!!! After long argumentation they agreed to give me a seat (number 4B).

2. After issuing Boarding pass he asks me to pay excess luggage for 28KG. I ask him can you do something. Again the counter staff referred to Mr. Vinod and he asks me to pay luggage for 5Kg to Air India, and the rest 8SR per Kg instead of paying SR 18 per KG. I understand the situation of Air India staff at airport and I approached another airport staff (Arab National). He suggested the same pay him (vinod) SR 8 per Kg and go. I surprised to learn this situation of Air India. Also I came to understand from most of the travelers that they are paid to Mr. Vinod for excess baggage (SR 8 per kg). After long argument with the staff they refused to take my luggage at SR 8 per Kg. At last I paid 18 per Kg and send my excess luggage.

3. In the past we don't have any other option to fly directly to CCJ but now the situation has changed. Saudi Arabian Airlines started operation in this sector and definitely you will see people will use Saudia in the future, and avoid Air India.

4. After all this incident I find that a passenger crying there in front of Air India counter. I just ask him to know the problem, he said my brother died in an accident and I want to fly to attend his funeral. Air India staff denied his booking and Mr. Vinod ask him to pay additional money to get a seat. He is using airport cleaning staff to do this dirty business. They are the mediator for such things. I approached the counter again and I ask that employee the position of air craft. He said seats available and we cannot issue boarding pass without the permission of Mr. Vinod because he ask me to hold it.

If you are a responsible officer of Air India, please investigate all these complaints and take an immediate action for this chronic problem of Air India Jeddah. I had similar experience in the past and I sent many complaints to Air India customer support but never received a reply. As a citizen of India I am still writing for the best interest of our carrier AI and always expecting best services from our national flag carrier.

You may forget about my complaint. You can send a passenger with excess baggage to Jeddah Airport and you can easily understand how this caucus working in Jeddah Airport.

If you need any further clarification or information, please contact me on my mobile +[protected] or email. ahmedh370@gmail.com.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Best regards,