Air Canada / delayed flight, poor services provided, delayed bags
I booked a flight from Berlin, TXL to Los Angeles, LA on July 28, 2017. The flight AC1967.
The original flight was as follows:
Berlin Tegel to Toronto Pearson
Departing: Fri Jul-27, 2018 at 12:05
Arriving: Fri Jul-27, 2018 at 14:55
It was changed as follows:
Flight Number: AC1967
Departing Berlin Tegel (TXL) on July 27, 2018 @ 16:35
-- Departure Terminal C, Gate C89
Arriving in Toronto Pearson (YYZ) on July 27, 2018 @ 19:05
-- Arrival Terminal T1, Gate E80
This resulted in the change of my connecting flight including an extremely long layover as follows:
Toronto Pearson to Los Angeles
Departing: Sat Jul-28, 2018 at 8:00
Arriving: Sat Jul-28, 2018 at 10:11
I know that under European laws am am eligible for a minimum of 600 euros refund for the first flight. The delay was not based directly on weather because the weather delay was only relevant to the previous day. This was an issue with preparedness and organization.
I was also very disappointed at the way the management dealt with the countless travelers left in Toronto for a layover. We were given false vouchers to hotels that were already over booked. In the end, I was given no place to sleep, no hotel voucher and no food voucher for a 13 hour layover.
To top it all off, when I finally arrived in LA, my bag had not arrived. It was placed on a later flight to LA and I would have to wait for it to be shipped to me later. I was disappointed, but unfortunately not surprised given the previous experiences during this trip.
I expect a ticket refund given these conditions. Thank you and I hope Air Canada can prove itself to be a trustworthy and responsible company to make up for my unfortunate experience.
More Air Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Aircanada.com / Aeroplan - Aeroplan sucks! 
- Air Canada / Aeroplan Card - Points were canceled without notification! 
- Air Canada - unwarranted change in itinerary 
- Air Canada - possible food poisoning 
- Air Canada Aeroplan Support Carlson Marketing - Redemption Rewards Services 
- Air Canada - charges for cancellation of refundable tickets purchased from agent
- Air Canada - flight canceled, no, help
- Air Canada - nerve wrecking flight from edmonton to calgary in broken aeroplane.
- Air Canada - missed connection and luggage problems
- Air Canada - downsize of the plane and didn't get on