Agoda Travel / customer service/wrongful credit card charging

1 Thailand Review updated:

I booked a hotel to stay in hong kong through agoda, I expressed to the online 24/7 agent that the credit card I needed to pay for the booking was to be my partner's credit card, not my own. The agent said that would not be a problem, but that my partner and I would need to fill out a consent form with my partner's credit card details and also a form of photo id and this should be either faxed or emailed to credit@agoda.com. The agent also said that she would need my credit card details just for the actual booking and that it would not be charged, as I would need to provide my card details in order for me to present the printable hotel voucher when I arrived into hong kong.

I wasn't using my credit card while I was away in asia, because I was having problems with my online banking. I expressed to the 24/7 online agent that in no certain terms was my card to be charged - she assured me it wouldn't. I was even online with an agent when we emailed the credit card consent form and id form over to credit@agoda.com. Again, I expressed to the agent not to charge my card and to make sure that the card details on the consent form were charged.

Well, a month down the track, I come home to find out that my credit card was in fact charged.

I have sent so many emails to credit@agoda.com and also tried to resolve this issue - stating clearly and in detail that they charged me wrongfully and that they need to rectify it. I have resent the credit card consent form and id form 3 times to
Credit@agoda.com and they just don't get it. All I want is for my credit card to be reimbursed and for the amount that was charged from my card to be charged from my partner's card (As shown on the consent form).

Now this all seems pretty straight forward, but they just don't get it. They keep responding to my emails with no answers and it just isn't good enough. If they can't provide quality customer service and get it right in the first place then they shouldn't be in business.

I am exceedingly unhappy about it, because I as a consumer/customer/buyer has done everything right - ticked all the correct boxes and communicated thoroughly.

All I want is to be reimbursed.

Someone please help!

Comments

1st of Oct, 2008

The Fragrance Selegie Hotel in Singapore should be struck off your list. We had to spend one night there because it was so late but we had to cancell the following 2 nights 30thSept and 1st October.
    We also cancelled the 7 and 8th October. The rooms were only fit for one person even at that and the facilities were worse. I would like a refund of my money for allowing such a place to operate.
    I will send full details when I get back to australia. This is just to advise you that I will be in contact again.
    The room was 3/3 with a double bed not Queen there was no room to move No wardrobe no separate shower just a thing stuck in the wall. Why would you allow such a place to advertise like they did.
    I made a formal complaint and I have the original. They signed it and took a copy. the staff were very polite.

• Un
      3rd of Apr, 2012

I had the similar experience. I booked through Agoda using my Bank of America debit card to get a hotel in Shanghai, China. Upon check out, I paid cash to the hotel but when I returned to the states, I found out my debit card has been charged. So I had a Chinese friend of mine to speak with the hotel, and they said that they have received cash from me so trying to figure out a way to refund via the booking company -- Agoda. And I had Bank of America Dispute Resolution Services handle the case. But, after 2 months, I received a letter from BofA saying there's no error so they closed the claim. Then, I looked at the voucher Agoda sent to BofA (sent by BofA along with their letter of conclusion) It's just a reservation confirmation letter so it's not a receipt that I signed on. The truth is when I paid cash to the hotel, I received a receipt from the clerk but I threw it away. And Agoda is presenting to BofA a confirmation voucher -- what does that mean? Nothing. There's no my signature on it. I had another Chinese friend of mine to speak to the hotel. They said the same thing - they have received cash from me and spoke with Agoda about the issue so I should have received my money back. Anyway, I'm still in the process of resolution. Am thinking about complaining to Priceline.com directly if this doesn't get resolved. Priceline bought Agoda and they should be aware of Agoda's scheme.

• Je
      22nd of May, 2012

my wife emma concepcion fuertes using her credit card, she was reserve a hotel in alona studio hotel in panglao this coming may 26. but she was not receive a confirmation email from agoda. can you send me a confirmation email to this email add? jessiefuertes@yahoo.com. thank you.