Afni Inc / False 7 yr old past due sprint cell phone bill!

1 Spokane, WA, United States
Phone: 5094754584

I'm so glad i found this website! I received a second attempt collections notice from Afni Inc today. Whats weird about it is that i never even received the first attempt! I've been with sprint ever since year 2000 and the collections notice i got today is in regards to a past due account in 2001. So i called sprint today and they said that there is four things wrong here. 1) The full name on the past due account is missing "ONE" letter. 2) The social security number on the past due account is different by only "ONE" number. 3) The address at the time of the past due account is an address that I've never even lived at. 4) The past due account number did not match my current account number. Remember now, that I've been with sprint and had the same account number for the last 8 years. The people at sprint thought that was very suspicious. They even pulled up my payment history and saw that I'm current on my bill and has never been sent to collections! Sprint suggested that i call AFni Inc. So then i called Afni Inc, and talked to a guy named Robert. I could hardly understand the guy. It seemed to me like he had a middle-eastern country accent. By this time i had a gut feeling that Afni Inc is trying to scam me! So i played along liek this was my account and got the guy to tell me the address on the past due account and the social security number that he had on file and came to find out that i was right! This is a scam! I called the Social Security Office and they suggested that i report it to the credit bureau and the federal trade commission. Here are the phone numbers: Trans union Credit Bureau 1.800.680.7289 and Federal Trade Commission 1.877.438.4338. I'm going to call and report my case to them. Maybe if all of us come together and complain, Afni Inc will get shut down and put in jail for fraud and identity theft.
So if you get a collections notice from Afni inc, make sure you check those four things listed up above. And then report them!

Vo