AFNI / Old Alltel bill!

Back in March of 2007, I received a letter from Afni, Inc. demanding payment for an old cellular bill. Immediately, I contacted the "creditor" (Alltel) and asked for a copy of the $344.28 bill from over 6 years ago. Alltel told me that since the account was closed, they could no longer provide me a bill/statement.

I have asked that (Afni, Inc) prove this bill and they cannot do so either. They ask me dumb questions like... did you ever have Alltel service? Obviously this is all a confusing ploy intended to extract what money they can out of people who can't/won't do their homework.

The bottom line is that if there is a legitimate charge, there is a legitimate bill/statement. Unfortunately, the amount of money we are discussing is too low to hire an attorney. After seeing the hundreds of complaints in this forum I am convinced that something must be done.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in teaming up and shutting down this ridiculous company.

Comments

• Je
      1st of Aug, 2007

I just got one of these collections for $212. They said they would take $159 if I pay by the end of the month. This is a total scam, right? Has this ended up on anyones' credit? What can be done about these companies?