Aetna / Health Insurance

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I have paid into Aetna Insurance for 3 years...first time I try to use my insurance...nothing but problems...took 4 hours of phone calls from my job and still could not get my prescription..talked to 3 different departments, 3 different people and they can't even get the spelling of my medication straight...was given 3 different prices of the meds..and then they couldn't find my meds in their system...being on a 3 tier level for meds...Generic is suppose to be $15.00 co-pay..., then I went to the pharmacy to get and Aetna wants to charge me $60.00...left without my prescription...called, was told no that the regular prescription should be $32.18...and the generic should be $60.00...this is absolutely nuts...2 days now and I still don't have my prescription and I'm in Severe PAIN...AETNA ABSOLUTELY SUCKS AND THEY HAVE NO CLUE ON THE OTHER END OF THE PHONE...MY FIRST EXPERIENCE AFTER PAYING FOR 3 YEARS IS A NIGHTMARE

Comments

25th of Jun, 2010

Whenever there is ANY issue you should 1st call your PLAN SPONSOR'S REPRESENTATIVE.
    You can call your human resources department of the employer the AETNA insurance is through.
    Ask for the insurance benefits specialist & ask them why your employer chose AETNA - explain how
    they may not want to go with AETNA as an option for the next open benefits registration.

The liason may be able to get some action.
    This really freaks out everyone at AETNA because they risk losing the contract ;)

25th of Jun, 2010

If your employer had the type of AETNA insurance that just has AETNA reviewing & paying claims... is it your employer's money used to pay the bills instead of AETNA's money? If it is, then it's very possible your employer is aware of all your health information including labs, diagnoses, vital signs, medications & every chart ever made on you. The employer is the "payor" and possibly has access to all of your information. It's seems wrong to alert employers of high risk / "high dollar" employees. I expressed my concerns about this and didn't get far. They claim the employer doesn't have the name of the actual employee costing them so much $$$.
    I wonder though if an employer could figure out which of it's employees has been in the ICU for 20+ days? It doesn't seem too difficult for them to figure it out.