Aeroplan Travel Services / refund of points

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I was suppose to fly from Comox to Calgary and then on to London Heathrow. I used my Aeroplan points to book this flight and booked a Premium Economy seat from Calgary to London. ( 112, 700 points + $653.46 tax) . When I arrived at Comox I was informed that my flight to Calgary was cancelled and I was to be rerouted through Vancouver. On checking the Air Canada agent found that only my Comox to Vancouver flight had been rebooked but she sorted it out and found me a seat on the Vancouver to London flight but no Premium economy seat was available. I had to fly economy. If I had booked this economy flight I would have only used 60000 points!

I put in claim with Aeroplan for a refund in points and they have awarded me a refund of 11045 point! This is a long way from the extra 52, 700 point I spent on the Calgary to London flight I booked originally.

I phone Aeroplan yesterday, October18th, and they tell me that their policy is to only refund 20% of the points!!! This incident was not of my making!!! I find it shocking and spoke to the supervisor who was very arrogant and told me that this was all he could do and I was lucky that the were able to get me to London on the same day!!! THEY DID NOT GET ME TO LONDON AIR CANADA DID!!!. I aske to speak to his superior and was told she did not deal with the public!!!. I insisted and all I could get from him was that he would email her and she would phone me at "her convenience!' As of today 26 hours later I have not received that call. I had to cancel an appointment yesterday as I did not want to give her the opportunity of say she failed to reach me to hear my complaint. This is very bad public relations. I earned those points and lost them through no fault of my own. I would very mush appreciate it if someone could lobby on my behalf.
I have also put in a complaint to TD Bank where I have a vis infinite card and where I earn most of my points and also to Air Canada.

Gaynor Dayson