Aeromexico / poor performance
Some unfortunate highlights from my experience on an end-of-June/early July 2007 round trip from San Antonio to Mexico City, on Aeromexico. We had a direct flight down, with the plane delayed for 30 minutes for mechanical inspection. The return trip had a scheduled stop over/flight change in Guadalajara, and after arrival we found out this leg of the trip was cancelled. Aeromexico flew us back to Mexico City 6 hours later, and arranged for us to fly on a Mexicana flight direct to San Antonio. We had been scheduled to arrive back in San Antonio by 1:30 pm, but with cancellations/redirects ended up back in San Antonio at 8:45 pm. The only compensation from Aeromexico were meal vouchers.
Also, if you book Aeromexico with intra-Mexico stopovers, be prepared to trek long distances cross-terminal and between gates - not pleasant with some of the airports undergoing construction/upgrades, inadequate air conditioning and long distances between their international and domestic gates.
My advice: only book Aeromexico for non-stop flights between the US and Mexico destinations. Dont' waste your time arguing for compensation - you won't receive anything but meal tickets for their delays. For any reticketing, go through their Premier Class counter agents - helpful, understanding and efficient, though powerless on compensation.
More Aeromexico Complaints & Reviews
- Aeromexico - the worst customer service I have ever experienced 
- Aeromexico - charges, cancelled flight and baggage theft 
- Aeromexico - fraudulant use of my personal credit card
- Aeromexico - customer service 
- Aeromexico - charging twice for luggage, no refund
- Aeromexico - expenses incurred due to a flight delay
- Aeromexico - none refund or credit policy
- Aeromexico - stolen items from personal luggage
- Aeromexico - refund 
- Aeromexico - unethical behavior