A&E Factory Service / service appointment cancellation

The manufacturer of my washing machine made an appointment with A&E to have a technician diagnose a problem with the washer (at the manufacturer's expense). A&E's idea of an "appointment" is that they will come between 8 AM and 5 PM. We rescheduled the appointed day to one when someone would be able to be home all day--one week after the initial "appointment."

After diagnosing the problem, the technician told me what the charge would be. I told him that the manufacturer was paying the charge. He told me that it would be easier for him to cancel the appointment after it happened rather than track down the billing glitch with the office. Easier for him, perhaps, but more difficult for me. When I followed up with the manufacturer to arrange for repair, A&E had no record of the visit. When arranging to have the part installed, I naturally asked for another service provider.

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2008

My Whirlpool Duet Washing machine was bought through Lowes. After it broke (only 1 yr & 2 mos old), they told me that A&E would come out on July 23rd. They gave me their phone #, etc. I receive a call at 9:15am on the 23rd to inform me that a technition would not be in my area on the 23rd. Well, then why was it scheduled? They told me they find out last minute if service people are available. This is ridiculous. Lowes has screwed me and now A&E screwed me. Isn't there anyone reliable anymore?