A&E Factory Service / this is the worst company ever!

The Maytag Refrigerator is less than three years old and the compressor has broken twice. Thank heavens we have a Maytag Extended Warranty Plus- or so I thought. This time, the extended warranty people transferred me directly to A&E Factory Repair. To make a very, very long story short, I have been without a refrigerator for three weeks! They don't come when they say they will and they knock you out of their schedule immediately if you don't answer your phone when they call. My refrigerator needed parts. They send them to your house and then AFTER they arrive you are supposed to call for a service appointment. Mine were sent to the wrong state and took forever. A&E made no effort to move my appointment up based on this. I spoke to 4 supervisors who were nice but had no clout over the routing people who schedule the appointments. The routers have lied to me several times. This is the WORST company ever.

Comments

• Ro
      14th of Feb, 2008

I recently had trouble with our Fisher & Paykel washer and called their 888 number for an authorized service agent. They gave me A&E Factory Service at 800-905-9595. A&E sent out a service man and he said that he had never seen a Fisher & Paykel washer in operation and asked how it was supposed to work. After two visits and several hours on the phone with his service office, he said that he didn't know what was wrong, but estimated $495 would be the maximum to fix it and $65 the minimum if he did nothing. (The machinecosts $600 new.) I told him it was likely the diverter valve from the symptoms and build in error codes that I checked myself. He said it would be too hard to take the machine all apart to check out the valve. The next day I went to a local appliance dealer and they also said it was likely the diverter valve and that I could change it myself in 10 minutes with no tools. I did so and the washer is working fine. I thought others should be aware the A&E Factory Service is not representing Fisher & Paykel Company well in the U.S.