Advanta bank / Overcharged
I have a business credit card with Advanta Bank and have been a good customer for 8 years. I have never missed a payment or paid late and yet my interest rate jumped from 15% to 36.18% this month ( Jan 2009 ) I have a min payment of $427.00 due to the increase and have no idea how to pay this.
I did call in and speak to a customer service rep and a 'so called' supervisor. I was treated with no respect by either employee and basically told 'Good Luck' on my decisions in the future. I explained that I have been a long time customer with no late payments and needed an explanation!
How can this be legal? Isn't the Federal Trade Comm. able to do something to deal with them. I know that I can't be the only one being done this way. Who can help us? I have a fed tax id # for my business and can't file bankruptcy or I will loose my business. Please send me information on what options I have.
More Advanta bank Complaints & Reviews
- Advanta bank - Excess interest charged 
- Advanta bank - You name it 
- Advanta bank - Credit card 
- Advanta bank - Closed account 
- Advanta bank - Late fee & phone payment fee SCAM! 
- Advanta bank - update for all
- Advanta bank - Awful credit card practices
- Advanta bank - Advanta Refuses to Report to Credit Bureau 
- Advanta bank - Excessive Fees
- Advanta bank - Loan Sharks