Washington Mutual Bank Complaints & Reviews

Washington Mutual BankFraud and scam

I was offered a credit card a couple of years ago(Platinum) that I accepted. Not to long after that they increased my credit limit to $16, 500.00. After useing this card for around 1 1/2 years now they have increased my interest rate from 9.99% to 21.70% for reasons you will not believe. This is what they told me and i`m not makeing this up. I am now a higher risk because I have never taken a cash advance on my card. I am now a higher risk because I have not purchased anything in the last 3 months. I am now a higher risk because I have made all of my payments on time and even paid more than the minimum payment.I have never been late on a payment to them or anyone else and there telling me that makes me a higher risk!! This is what they told me.

Washington Mutual BankTerrible bank

I have had two instances where my checking account has been inaccurate. The most recently which happened today the sixteenth of July 2009, really floored me. I had discovered from my leasing office that my rent check had been returned by the bank due to insufficient funds. Concerned, I immediately went to my branch to get to the bottom of the situation. I went directly to the branch manager, who I then asked to pull up all of my account activity for the month of July thus far. I had shown her a copy of my returned check which read July 7, 2009 as the date the check came into the back and then was returned.

She pulled up my information, and let me see the transactions that had posted. There it was, in black and white...July 6, 2009. My balance was high enough that it SHOULD have covered my check. But somehow, it didn't. I asked her why this happened. Her only reply was this: "The ATM puts a hold on cash deposits." My reply was this: " Even with the hold from the ATM, your computer shows the proof that my balance covered that check."

I then proceeded to tell her that because of the bank's error, I had accrued quite a hefty sum of money in late fees and delinquent charges to my rent. I asked if the bank was going to refund the extra money that I had to pay because of this, and she replied, "no one here has the authority to refund that much money." Ok...so who does?? We're talking more than $200.00 here!! All she could do is try to disprove the proof that was staring her right in the face from her own freaking computer. That was just one incident.

The first incident that happened was back on the fifteenth of May 2009. Three days prior, I had been the victim of identity theft, and had gone to my branch to change my account numbers, debit card, etc. On the fifteenth, I had made a rather large cash deposit in the night drop deposit box. My boyfriend of 4 years had made the drop for me; he had done this several times in the past before Chase came into the picture and there had never been a problem.

2 weeks goes by, and the money still had not been credited to my checking account. Concerned, I went to the branch the deposit was made. I spoke to the manager there, who very rudely told me she could have the security tape pulled. She agreed to this only after me practically begging her to help me. She told me she would call me back whether they found anything on the tape or not. That was over 2 months ago now. No one has even attempted to call me or contact me in any way whatsoever.

When I asked the manager what my recourse would be if they didn't find anything on the tape, her reply was "Well there isn't anything we can do." I looked at her like her head was screwed on backwards. I asked her, "So I'm just supposed to sit back and take the fact that almost $400.00 of my money is missing?!" She shrugged at me.

Are you freaking kidding me?! If this is supposed to be customer service, it's a joke and a half. I have been with Wamu for over a year, and not once have I ever had a problem of this severity until Chase became involved. it's unfortunate they have to lose yet another customer because of their errors. Errors that they caused in the first place, and yet are so unwilling to take responsibility for and resolve. No wonder why people don't trust banks anymore. This is only one example of that.

Washington Mutual BankLevy/Lien on Checking Account

A levy/lien was placed on my checking account by a law firm in New York as a result of an outstanding debt. When i became aware of the levy/lien, i contacted the law firm, made arrangements to pay off my debt and was given a release to give to Washington Mutual Bank. It has been nearly two weeks and i still cannot access my account; despite me faxing the release to WAMU levy/lien department three (3) times.

I was fortunate enough to speak to a lovely and extremely helpful manager name Jessica who requested i fax the release to her and she in turn will fax it directly to the levy/lien department. Again, a week later and they refuse to let me access my checking account. When Jessica contacted the levy/lien department herself they had the audacity to tell her they never received it, this was an intercompany fax. Jessica in turn re-faxed the release and was kind enough to give me a courtesy call advising me of same.

Please help me access my checking account. It has been nearly two weeks and i have been unable to pay bills or deposit checks into my account, let alone go Christmas shopping.

Sincerely,

Michael Colberg
[protected]@msn.com

• Em
    emilia orasan Sep 23, 2008

WHEN MY CD MATURED I WAS IN EUROPE ( I WILL BE HOME OCT.16TH)
    DURING THE GRACE PERIOD I CALLED THE BANK EMAIL
    THEM WHAT I WANT WITH MY MONEY.THEY IGNORED MY REQUEST AND REINVESTED WITH VERY LOW INTEREST HALF OF WHAT THEY ADVERTISE LESS THAN 2% .
    WHEN I TOLD JENNIFER ON 9/23/08 TO SEND ME A CHECK TO
    MY HOME ADDRESS SHE IGNORED MY REQUEST SHE SAID IT WILL BE DONE.NOTHING HAPPENED.SHE KEPT ME ON HOLD WHILE
    I WAS CALLING FROM ROMANIA AND NEVER COME BACK TO CONFIRM SHE WILL MAIL ME MY CHECK.
    I WANT MY MONEY, NOW.I WANT MY MONEY TODAY OUT FROM THIS BANK.I HEARD IT WILL DECLARE BANKRUPCY.

• Is
    Islandave Sep 25, 2008

You need to reach someone at the bank in writing. Rarely will they take your instructions by phone or email. There is no signature by phone or email. They may take a fax from you. If not, sit down with a branch manager when you return and explain it all. Keep good records of your efforts. Also, at least in today's financial world you will not lose anything if they file bankruptcy. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE FDIC INSURANCE LIMIT. If not, you could have trouble if they go under. And for future reference it is best to make plans before you leave town if at all possible. Good luck.

• Valerie Nov 06, 2008

I received a check in the mail for 3950.00. I called the company it was a research agency it all sounded legit. So I went ahead and did it. Washington Mutual told me it would have to clear in 5 days. This was on a Monday that I deposited the check. Sure enough on Saturday the funds were available. My first thought was cool everthings went through were good to go.

So on Saturday I took out a portion of the money to do the first job requested. Then I let the remainder sit there till like Wed the 15th . About a week later I received a letter in the mail something was wrong with the check at the amount of 3950.00. That I needed to contact the bank as soon as possible to resolve this issue. So I did . I talk to the Manager Manty.

At that point he starts to change his tone of voice like I had committed this crime. Like I knew it was fake.I told him look I have all the paperworkright in my hand . I also preceded to tell him I had checks out. What about them. All he kept saying was you owe us are money back. Kept saying I needed to come in to the bank right now. He was so abrupt with me. I thought maybe he was setting me up. To tell The police that I had purposely done this.

So I Finally got a hold of my husband told him what was going on with the bank how they were making accusations. When we got the bank. I set and tried to plea my case. All he kept saying you owe that money and we will get it. In a very rude way.I told him what do I do my sons disability check is to be direct deposited on the first. Thats all the money I have to pay my bills. Again he said you can try to call social security but we will get that money.

I did I called Social Security Tried to get the deposit stop. I was 3 days to late. There cut of is the 17th. I called on the 20th. Now you know as well as i do by Manty's Comment he knew it was to late. Still though at that point I thought it would come in Check form. I waited by the mail box till the mail ran. I had even had bills extended waiting on the mail.

When it didn't come I had a bad feeling it went to the bank. I tried social security first they said call the bank. If ain't there and you don't receive it 3 Days call us back. Low and behold. I call the bank, again who do I talk to Manty. When I ask him if thats what happened to the check. He said yep, Now you only owe us 31something. I said Hey you mean to tell me I cant get any of that money.

I said I filed the police report you told me. His next comment was lets see what I do. Come on in here and lets work something out. He knew they wasn't going to give me that money. What he didn't know is my mom has turned real bitter in her elder age. I called her and told her what was going on. They made a couple phone calls and found out they cant take a government check for a bad debt. So I took her up there to talk to him.

Again I told you we would get our money, you owe it to us. My moms words was you will be hearing from our attorney. Now I have bounced 5 check from them freezing my account. They took my only form of income. The checks will go to the state within 15 days. Yet all I got we will get our money. I wanted to tell him tell that to four little boys you took from .

• Ju
    Julie Toussaint Dec 17, 2008

I am thoroughly disgusted with Washington Mutual's use of off-shore, foreign call centers. I am tired of wasting my time talking to someone in the Philipines or India. I am thoroughly disgusted with Washington Mutual's lack of intelligent and useful customer service. The use of the term customer service is an oxymoronic statement as far as Washington Mutual is concerned.

I received my credit card statement on December 8, 2008 for my January, 2009. PAYMENT IS DUE ON DECEMBER 31, 2008. This less than 30 days to pay for my JANUARY 2009 bill.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??!!! The economy is in the toilet, the banks, including Washington Mutual and the greed of its executives, board - the criminal "decision makers" are now trying to screw us by twisting the knife they have so deftly plunged into us - the stupid consumer. By the financial industry's greed, evil, malicious and soul-less, cheating manipulation of the economy - the USA has reached the lofty standards of a third world country.

Why have call centers at all? There is nothing in the least resembling customer service with foreign countries. Do yourself a favor and save us money - the off shore call centers are insidious crap! Useless!

I am, in disgust - and a person who will use the internet to spread this disgust!

• Al
    Alexa Jan 12, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me last week except the levy that was placed on my account was 100 times higher than the amount owed. I called the debtor who issued the levy who said the levy placed should have been forl $300. Washington Mutual placed the levy on my account for $30, 000. Despite paying the debt to get the levy cleared within 48 hours, as promised by the debtor, the funds were withdrawn from my other checking account but Washington Mutual still did not lift the levy.
    I had enough money in my checking to cover the true levy amount ($300) but because of Washington Mutual confused their decimal points, I've had payments bouncing left and right. I now have to worry about late penalties for my mortgage, cable, and credit cards. I've called twice a day for the last week and no one has gotten back to me. Worst banking experience of my life.

• Ju
    Julie O. - California Jun 02, 2009

I recently put in for a home litigation (May)...Upon receiving my application, they sent me a letter explaining than I had forgotten to include my most recent tax forms. "No problem", I called to verify exactly what they needed and the acct. rep made note I was putting it in the mail that day (19th) inwhich I did.

From the 20th to date (June 2) I receive an average of 4 - 8 calls each day between my land-line and cell; from 8 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week!!! These calls all come from foreign territories inwhich their English is difficult to understand and they read an idle-prompt with no emotion or understanding!!! They are calling to "notify me" that I need to forward my tax docs.

I asked for a supervisor upon several calls to try to get the calls to stop, and shocklingly he/she is always unavailable!!!

When I call local customer service here in the states...each one I speak to makes sure my account is noted, strongly understands, agrees with my frustrations and disagrees w/ foreign usage; however is unable to further help me.

PLEASE NOTE: ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING WAMU/CHASE (DESPERATE OR NOT...RE-CONSIDER)!!! Unless of course someone can honestly say that Chase is now improving WAMU's history!!

• Ri
    Richard Wesley Jul 10, 2009

WaMu Bank in Fremont, California (3906 Washington Blvd, Fremont, CA) is very very bad service!!! The new account clerk there is terrible! Her supervisor (a Vietnamese guy) is even worse. It is the worst experience for last 30 years!

• Mo
    Mortensen Sep 20, 2009

If you have all the time in the world to wait after someone steals your money at an ATM clear across the country this is the bank for you. They tell you they will check it out and send you a form to fill out and mail back and then after 10 business days they will let you know. I had my card with me and rarely use it so I can only assume they gave someone else the same card and pin. I want everyone to know this bank does not take fraud seriously when it comes to it's customers. But if you are a thief, then you have the green light. No customer service here! Washington Mutual Bank does not get the money back to you in a timely fashion when they know it is their error, They also do not advise you to go to the branch to expidite the matter, they do admit that their NEW mastercards have been having quite a bit of problems, but they are in no hurry to fix their error!

• Ba
    Batist Sep 25, 2009

I Purchased insurance on line thur pay pal credit card the next day I noticed that the charges had been taken out of my private acct. I contacted my bank immeditly as to cancel the charge and was assured that the payment had been cancelled and that I would find my maoney back in my acct. that day. I got up the next day to pay my bills only to find that they had taken the money and added 3-$34.00 over draft charges to my acct.I called my bank again explained that I had just gotten this fixed the day before and was pretty much called a liar.I have now spent almost a month still trying to get help on the matter. My bank is now refusing to give it back, they say that it was an autherized payment and that if I can't prove it then I Won't get the money back. My biggest beef is that they are my bank I thought they were here to help me if this was to happen. I have found out quickly that they are rude and arrogent about their services. and as soon as I get this back( Because I am not going to just give them my money for such crappy service) I will never do business with them ever and will warn others that this bank does not protect it's customers.

Washington Mutual Bankput account into overdraft then collections

i opened a checking account with wamu last year, never used their check book,
my account balance was credit $5.00, lo and behold a company wrote the bank
about info concerning my bank balance, address, workplace. after the bank gave out all the info about me, their legal dept. took a fee of $100.00, then wrote me
about it, now my account is debit $94.00, to make matters worst they ended up
by transferring my account to pinnacle financial company for collection, now
my account overall is in debit $194.00. I have been emailing the bank about
this, also spoke to them via phone, they were rude to me by hanging up on me.
then pinnacle financial keep calling me day and night 24/7, when i decide to
answer them and explained my plight, they as well were very abusive informing me that i had no right to write checks sending the account into
overdraft. i have no intentions of paying this money from credit $5.00 to
debit $194.00 how ridiculous some thing needs to be done, no one should do
any business with this bank..please advise?

Washington Mutual BankCredit card scam

I opened a new WaMu account in March 2007 with a 0% apr for balance transfers and low rate (8.99%) on purchases. I made timely payments until December 2007 when I was two days late due to not scheduling an online payment (my fault to be sure). Now, interest rates have been hijacked to 28.99%. The latest scam is that they have reduced my credit line to just above what I owe which kills my credit score so that they can now justify even more screwing me over. I had called about the high interest rates about 21/2 months ago and Sandra at WaMu said my rate would be reduced to 3.99% on balance transfers and 11.99% on purchases... LIES! Today, Anna the manager said that would not be the case but in fact balance transfers would be 11.74% and purchases would be 19.99% and they would reduce my credit line anyway. I told her that I did understand credit scores and that reducing my credit line hurt me tremendously on my report. Anna basically said "too bad for you". These people are ###. Do not do business with them. Capital One is the only credit card worth having. I will pay these people off and kick them to the curb.

Joel May 31, 2008

I just filed a complaint with the BBB. My interest rate in Feb 08 was 14.99%. My Mar 08 statement was 26.49%. I called and asked why the sudden increase. She said I had made a late payment in Feb. I checked.. yes, I was one (1) day late. Payment was due on 2/6, I paid it on 2/7 (I don't recall why I was late). I was charged the $39 late fee. Fair enough, I deserved that. But now the 26.49% APR is costing me an additional $35 per month in interest! Yes.. I know.. it's all in the contract.. it's all legal. Who makes these laws? I never got to vote on it! I called to see if they would show a little remorse and give me a break on the interest rate. Nope, no budge. I told them to close the account. They wouldn't even lower it to close the account. Most CC companies will lower the rate if you close the account. Not WaMu! I sure miss Providian!

• Am
    Amanda Jul 01, 2008

I had the same problem with WaMu. They raised my interest rate to 30% and I never paid late and always paid more then the minimum. I filed a complaint with the BBB and the attorney gerneral in my state. I told WaMu if they did not lower the interst rate I would no longer pay them...well they would not lower the rate. So I have not paid them in 8 months. So I get bad credit, I am not taking anymore things on credit anyway. I would rather have bad credit then be taken advantage of. And yes Providian was 100% better!

• Dk
    D.K. MCKINNEY Jul 03, 2008

I have the same problem with WAMu. I was a few days last and they charged me 28% on my balance. So we took out another loan and paid them off. They then charged me 68.00 which I was a good soul and paid. Then today I get a bill for 22.00..for what? only God knows and you can't call them they have no 1-800 number you have to write them. My husband and I are thinking about taking them to channel 9 news and exposing them. WaMu has no integrity. Wonder if they're going bankrupt.

CHERYL DAVIS Jul 08, 2008

YES I ALSO HAD THIS PROBLEM, I WAS LATE A COUPLEOF TIMES I GET PAID TWICE MONTHLEY, WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT AND HAD YO GET A NEW CAR, I ASK WAMU TO PLEASE CHANGE MY DUE DATE TO THE LATTER PART OF THE MONTH SO I WOULD NOT BE LATE I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD ON TWO SEPERATE OCCASIONS NEVER HAPPENED I ENDED UP WITH A HIGH INTREST RATE PLUS OVER THE LIMIT FEES FROM ALL THE CHARGES THEY HAVE ME OWING OVER 1, 000 THAT I REFUSE TO PAY ! I AM NOW IN COLLECTIONS . SO PLEASE BE WARNED THEY WILL AGREE TO DO THESE THINGS AND NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH. ALSO IF YOU CALL BACK TO TALK TO PERSON WHO AGREES TO TAKE CARE OF THIS THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY ONE WORKING THERE WITH THE NAME OR NO SUCH EXTENTION.

• St
    Stacy Bell Aug 08, 2008

I have a problem with WAMU also. I had Providian and never had any problems. I have been tracking Washington Mutual for 6 months and when you are paying on time and not accumulating any late fees or charging monthly, they do a lot of adjusting. My interest rates have been going up and down monthly. This month, August 2008 they went the highest they have ever been. I guess the goal is for me to never pay this off. But they have another thing coming. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and closing this account and transferring the balance to a company that is not out to scam. This is riduculous and I am FED UP!!!

• Ru
    rusty56 Aug 18, 2008

WaMu is the worst credit card company ever. I had WaMu account for a few months. First balance I paid in full, the second one I paid everything except for ~200$. Now they are charging me finance charge for the balance I paid in full (they call this previous cycle finance charge) and for the balance I paid off except for 200$ (current finance charge). This is insane. I talked to the person from WaMu and she said that if I don't pay balance in full this time, she will be charging me the same finance charge she already did but now it will be as “previous cycle” finance charge. I will just pay them off and close the account in order to avoid more hassle.
    DON'T EVER OPEN THE CREDIT COUNT WITH THEM. EVEN IF THEY GIVE you 0% financing. This was my reason to open the account. It turned out since I did not make any balance transfers within first 3 months they automatically raised the APR to 8.99%. Also now I do not have the option to make balance transfers anymore. The option is just to lure people to sign up.
    Without any notification my APR is already 9.11%???!!! I did not miss any payment. Save yourself hassle in the future transfer the balance to some other credit card and close this account.

ANEDIA PERKINS Oct 17, 2008

TODAY IS OCTOBER 17 2008.THIS MAKES THE SECOND DAY I HAVE TRIED TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT CHAANGING MY PAYMENT DUE DATE. I HAVE CALLED EVERY TOLL FREE NUMBER I HAVE FOUND .THEY ALL SAY THEY CANNOT LOCATE MY ACCOUNT.
    I ASSUME IF THIS IS THE CASE, I DONOT OWE YOU ANY MORE MONEY.

THE CARD NUMBER I HAVE IS;
    4185-8637-3602-9471
    DUE DATE; THIRD OF THE MONTH
    I WANT TO CHANGE
    IT TO THE TENTH OF THE MONTH
    I WOULD LIKE CONFIRMATION ON THIS PLEASE.
    ANEDIA PERKINS
    325 773 7461

ANEDIA PERKINS Nov 21, 2008

today is 11/
    20/2008 my card number is;

4185-8637-3602-9471
    i tried again to talk to someone & was told again they could not find my account.

Washington Mutual BankPhishing!

I got an e-mail to "update" my information due to "unusual activity" on my account or credit card. I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT OR CC WITH WAMU.

I forwarded this on to them and they assured me it did NOT come from them. It looks VERY official BUT DO NOT FILL OUT ANYTHING!!! Further, their link takes you to a pron site that, I'm sure, debits your account for membership just as soon as you "update your information".

THIS IS NOT WAMU's doing, they are using their good name to rip you off!

Washington Mutual BankDiscrimination and tax fraud!

The Nature of my complaint is against Washington Mutual Bank. I contacted this Financial Institution on Line. On 10/25/2006 I was provided with a confirmation number from Washington Mutual Inc. As I tried to fax my Real Estate contract. I was not able to provide this information. I was not aware of a Brach located in Frankfort Illinois. I contacted this office with my reference number. I was assigned to Mr. Janis. On November 1, 2006. Mr Janis was provided with my Signed affidavit as my Home mortgage and insurances was submitted to his office and my Truth and Financial Statements to some of my Finances. Which I am alleging that I experienced a discriminatory practice as I was asked unethical questions and he was not providing my application, as he stated he could process a Jumbo Loan and no assets no verification Loan. He contacted my Realtor, and stating conflicting information after speaking to me. This party did not comely with my Mortgage request, as my Loan was processed to a third Party in Irvine California Washington Mutual 2 nd Floor 17875 Von Karman Irvine California 92614 report number [protected] Individual Case number [protected] Repositories XPN TU EFX sCORE DATE 11/17/2006 applicant; Angela Lynn Giles I have tape recorded messages that he called me the date of 10/27/06 THROUGH 11- 22-06 LEAVING DECEPTIVE AND MISLEADING INFORMATION MY VOICE MAIL. This matter can not be resolved as I have retained an Attorney for the False documentation toward my credit and Banking Complaint which I am seeking Damages immediately. My close date is DECEMBER 15, 2006. In addition to my complaint I am seeking his immediate arrest, and that he faces jail time of 30 years. I did not elect to any party to unethically mistreat me for funds I have already worked toward, he as I viewed provoked contractual disputes, and not my Request which was to secure a Mortgage and not a mediator for his questioning which was none of his business. The Realtor is willing to report his action as well. Mary Peeken River Valley Realtor provided the contract and showed me the property. I also want to mention that twice in less than 4 years I have been harassed by PARTY IN THE state of California. My association has been with purchasing clothing. I have never been in the state of California. I have proof that this state twice vilsted my rights to Banking and loan request. Great Lakes Bank account number [protected], [protected]. I requested a Car loan, my account was processed in California, as a result I was not able to write checks in Illinois which I could not buy food, clothing or pay for expenses. I vowed that this action taken I would make these individuals pay for all damages. this action occurred approximately 2001 to the present. I have contacted State Prosecutor's in your California as I am seeking Legal action and the persons to face imprisonment for the damages caused then. This party is not sorry or have in remorse, for the harm caused. I am seeking the derogatory and false information removed from my credit report EFX [protected] [protected] All three bureau reported inaccurate information, and would not prevent this matter from ever occurring. It was just reported again, that Some one took my name, and allow a party by the name of beeny to to charge to my account $2346.22. My account I could only charge $500.00. He has not been authorized , not an associate, or married to. I am seeking his immediate imprisonment of 30 years or mre. Why was my information sent to CBA information Solutions 4 executive Campus, Cherry Hills , NJ 08002. iT WAS THIS COMPANY WHO SUBMITTED THREATENING LETTER TO MY RESIDENCE FOR A PERIOD OF 4 YEARS. Because I was deceptively mislead to career path in New York and I awaited for ten years believing I would be a flight stewardess and work for JFK international Airport, My personal information should have not been permitted to these individuals, as I stated to US courts I would never forgive them for the cruel joke played on my life, and that their actions resulted to Them not ever contacting me and that there were forbidden forever not to ever associate them selves with me. The only option that would be resolved I desired that they face jail time. I can not buy back my time lost, and they have no professional business with me. My name is Angela Lynn Giles my social security number is my case number. I can be contacted by e mail or by phone [protected]. I have not worked since 2003. A case was won on behalf 05C209. The defendant continued to harass me, by making false claims to income tax. I have experienced housing discrimination, and tax fraud by these individuals. I will not allow this intimidation to carry on. I am relocating to Bourbonnais Illinois to the home in which I elected to purchase. I desire that Lincoln Financial Group honor my request I wil not be bullied into moving to Indiana. They have also permitted a mentally Ill person to stalk and torchure me, for my retirement pension, and I desire to be protected and my assets protected from this individual, their is no place in my personal life for this individual. As I want to leave for this reason only.

• Al
    Alan J Betz Jul 25, 2007

Washington mutual credit card has sold me a credit card based on a 0% interest on transferred balances. Not so they charged me interest from day one they had a man telling me yes Mr. Betz that's correct you will enjoy 0% on new purchases. What's wrong with this? I will tell you he could not speak english, he was from India and the reception was terrible. The rep said this at least 4 times each time contradicting what I was saying but, I was not able to understand him, I called washington mutual and asked for the tapes. Yes granted I didn't call for 9 months and didn't realize that there was interest being posted to my account because my online statement didn't show the interest charge. I let this go I just said the hell with this. Now there computers are not up to date and they constantly give me the wrong balances. And I keep getting overlimit fees my statement tells me I am below my limit, but I guess I am over. The lies and deceit of this company are terrible. This company is corrupt, I am filing a complaint with the attorney generals office and the department of banks. Lets get together online and file a class action suit and put pressure on federal and local state governments to do something about this really bad company.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices