Advanced Wellness Research, FWM Laboratories / False Advertising/Fraud

I ordered ACAI Pro from an internet ad that stated this was among the most potent formulas and had been approved by Oprah and Dr. Mehmet Oz, from a reputable site. The next morning, I felt uncomfortable about the order and attempted to call and cancel. I was cut off twice after waiting at least 10 minutes each time, then got someone I could barely understand. This person stated I had to have an order number, which I was never given in the first place, and that my name did not appear in their database. I told him that this was unacceptable and sounded suspicious. I knew then this was nothing but a scam. I asked to cancel the order, which he refused to do and stated I would have to call back when I received the order. The company name is not even on the internet site, but from their phone number [protected]) they were identified as Advanced Wellness Research. Five days later, I received an order from some outfit called FWM Laboratories for ACAI Berry Detox, which I didn't even order. My credit card had been charged on 2/23/09 for $2.00 and $1.95 from "ACAI Elite Bushey GBR, " and another for $4.99 that said "Acai Diet Today Cambridgeshir GBR." Concerned that my credit card would be further charged, I immediately called and canceled the card, especially after I found all the complaints about these two outfits on the internet. I believe this is false advertising and nothing more than a scam to bilk money out of people and I can't believe I fell for it. Nothing is free, either. You are charged for the bottle they touted as free within 14 days of your order. They only $8.94 total from me, and I will just have to chalk that up to a lesson learned. They won't bilk me for anymore!

A  27th of Feb, 2009 by
I absolutely agree - I did the free trail and they auto-enrolled me in some home delivery program for $80/month... they didn't even send an additional email before they charged my card - every single auto-delivery program I have used in past always notifies by mail or email when a charge is going to happen, I found this behavior to be very shady and upsetting. I had to call the same # to cancel and I am not even sure it is cancelled, I have disputed the charge with my credit card company...but beware beware beware...the product is actually quite good - the behavior of the company is reprehensible.
A  28th of Feb, 2009 by
THIS IS HOW I HOPEFULLY TOOK CARE OF THIS::: I got caught up in the Acai Berry - Colon Cleanse scam as well. I had three $83.00+ charges on my credit card before I realized what was happening. The following is what I did and so far it is has been successful. I started with contacting the Better Business Bureau in Florida for FWM Laboratories. Then I contacted my credit card company and submitted fraud alerts for the three charges. I also had my credit card comany issue me a new number (as if I had lost my credit card) I then called the numbers listed on my credit card statement for each company (2 charges were same company and one charge was the other company) and was able to get through to a person on each of the two numbers and received a cancellation number on the one (from a very foreign sounding person) and was told I would receive an email confirmation on the other one. Never received it - ended up calling back and getting an email address. I emailed the company to confirm my cancellation and to get a return address to return the product. After getting a lecture by email on how I had agreed to the auto delivery program they told me they would reimburse me $41.00 of the 80 something charge and I could keep the product. (Yeah like I would ever take any of those pills now!!!). To date, my credit card company had deducted the three charges and the one company actually credited my account the $41.00. However, I am still going to check my credit card online daily just in case. That's how I did it. I covered as many bases as I could. Good luck to all. FYI - The two numbers I called ((Acaiberry&lifecleans 866-949-0138)) and ((Ids*max Colon 866-8707042 Ca))

Advanced Wellness Research Logo Advanced Wellness Research