Advance Auto Parts / refusal to do battery check in cold weather

1 Aiken, SC, United States Review updated:

My battery was dead when I woke up on the morning of January 2, 2018. I had to get a jump to get my truck started. I immediately sent my partner to Advance Auto Parts to have my battery checked. He went into the store where two customer service reps were casually standing around talking. He asked them to do a battery check. One of them made the comment "I knew somebody was going to come in there this morning asking to have a battery checked" in a snide manner as if this was an inconvenience to him. The other guy said "Well, I can't do it because I have a delivery" and he walked into the back of the store. It is a cold morning and I suppose they did not want to go outside in the freezing cold to perform the battery check. The guy who supposedly had to make a delivery then left the store. The remaining guy then flat out refused to do the battery check stating that he could not do it because he was the only one in the store. Either gentleman could have very well done the battery check before leaving the store to make their delivery, as they were casually standing around chatting when he arrived anyway. Jeff is the manager and the other guy is Mike. We will take our patronage elsewhere and will also advise all of our friends and family members to do as well. If I am not mistaken, customer service does not depend on the weather at an auto parts store. Many people visit an auto parts store because we have a problem. We do not appreciate being treated like a nuisance in an already stressful situation.

Kr
Jan 2, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      2nd of Jan, 2018

Hi Krystal.

When you state you sent your 'partner' in, would you be referring to a business partner? coworker? What is the exact relationship of this other person?