ADT / placed into a contract without consent.
12/11/08 we find that we have been overpaying for our residential home security service at $40.99 per month. I called ADT to console service and was told that it will cost me around $280.00 to resolve our contract obligations. This was news to me where I had a 2-year contract with Firstline Security that had expired prior to the sale of my security services being sold by Firstline to ADT without my consent. The only reason I was aware of the change of service providers was a letter from ADT welcoming me to ADT and promising a welcome package that never came. I called First line to see if this was a scam and they confirmed the sale of service. On 12/11/08 while talking to the ADT Service Consolation dept. Rep. I requested a copy of the alleged contract and was told it will be sent right out to me. Well it never came but ADT has been able to send a new Invoice to be paid! The only thing that was good about this call I made was that I was able to procure a new service rate of $24.00 per month. This can only highlight the fact that ADT has collected two years of funds in one year. Buyer Beware!!!
More ADT Complaints & Reviews
- ADT Security Services - horrible customer service and faulty product! 
- ADT - employee discrimination! 
- ADT - unreliable system 
- ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. - bad billing, bad customer relations 
- ADT Security Services - adt - checks in the mail... 
- ADT Security Services - adt & their "authorized dealer"
- ADT Security Services - Unprofessional service, service not provided
- ADT Security Services - false advertising / not disclosing 299.00 activation fee
- ADT Security Services - home service
- ADT Security Services - consumer products - security system installation