ADT / Absolute Security / everythingaboutit
ADT/Absolute Security Service Complaint and Cancellation
- Contractor shows up to install System.
- Contractor does not have proper equipment – has to leave and return
with correct panel.
- Contractor does not install motion detector where Customer requests it.
- Contractor leaves old panel box downstairs along with old backup battery for Customer to clean up along old panel and other wiring debris.
- Contractor does not completely test system and has to return again later same day to relocate bedroom sliding door sensor to ensure alarm activates upon opening.
- Contractor returns to relocate motion sensor to customer-requested location.
- Contractor does not patch holes left by drilling into wall where sensor was first installed.
- No testing further done.
- Customer notices alarm keypad beeping spontaneously without any doors or windows opening.
- Customer calls ADT to inform them of issue.
- ADT/Absolute Security schedules appointment for Friday 12/12/2008.
- Customer requests call from technician prior to arriving to perform repair.
- Customer stays home from work and Contractor arrives at approximately 8AM unannounced – No phone call received prior to arrival as requested
- Contractor leaves work vehicle idling outside customer residence positioned illegally at curb facing oncoming traffic.
- Contractor dismisses customer concerns regarding possible defective panel and relocates 2 windows sensors. Does not cut away old sensor housing.
- Contractor calls his office using Customer phone to describe problem as sensors at windows needing relocating and leaves premises telling Customer to “Keep in Touch”.
- Customer again expresses concerns of possible defective of panel to Contractor colleague/supervisor when asked if Customer was satisfied with work performed by Contractor.
- At approximately 7:40 PM, Customer receives call from other resident of Customer home (Expectant Mother) stating that Police have arrived due to alarm sounding and her believing intruder may be present.
- Customer informs other resident that Contractor had been on premises earlier same day to attempt to correct deficient system – obvious at this point without success.
- Customer calls ADT to express distress of expectant mother and to inform ADT of unacceptable “service” of Contractor and expressly requests that different technician be dispatched ASAP to correct problem.
- Contracting Company calls Customer to inform him that technician will be at customer residence on 12/16/2008 “between 5 PM and 6 PM”.
- Customer again expressly informs Contracting Company that a different technician should be dispatched.
- 5:45 PM – Customer Receives call from Contracting Company that technician is “running a little late” and that he will be arriving sometime after the scheduled appointment time.
- Customer explains that if the technician can not arrive at agreed-upon appointment time then technician should not arrive at all.
- Customer hangs up and calls ADT to cancel “service”.
- 6:43 PM – Original technician (Not different one as requested by Customer) leaves message stating that he is on Customer premises.
More ADT / Absolute Security Complaints & Reviews
- ADT Security Services - horrible customer service and faulty product! 
- ADT - employee discrimination! 
- ADT - unreliable system 
- ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. - bad billing, bad customer relations 
- ADT Security Services - adt - checks in the mail... 
- ADT Customer Services - burglery
- ADT - adt class action lawsuit 
- ADT Security Systems - customer service/product defect
- ADT Security Services - home security system
- ADT Security Services - fraud