ACS-Education.com / Customer service misadvising
ACS phone representatives misadvised in ways that significantly inconvenienced and stressed me, and it's possible that their incompetence will result in an unfavorable mark on my credit history.
A representative advised me to fill out a Hardship Deferment application and to attach proof that I had been granted an Unemployment Deferment by Direct Loans (a government lender). I did so, and my application was rejected.
I was told that no supporting documentation had accompanied my application. So I resubmitted (thinking the attached doc had gotten misplace the first time), and again I was told the same thing.
When I called and spoke with a different representative, she informed me that no supporting documentation had been included with my application. When I protested that that was not so, and explained that I had enclosed a copy of the Direct Loans deferment, she said that that was not valid. Ugh! (So to ACS, insufficient=none.)
This second representative then misadvised me. She told me to submit a different application--the ACS Unemployment form and attach a copy of the Direct Loans deferment and the deferment will be granted. However, the form she directed me to does not indicate that a Direct Loans deferment is acceptable documentation.
In fairness to these two representatives, it is not entirely a poor customer support issue. ACS's forms appear poorly designed. The Hardship Deferment does indicate that proof from Direct Loans is adequate support (but apparently it cannot be based on "unemployment") and the Unemployment Deferment does *not* allow for such documentation.
I'm FAXing the ACS Unemployment deferment today, and including the documentation that Direct Loans granted an unemployment deferment just for good measure. I sure hope ACS doesn't reject my application this time, as that would mean my account could be reported as delinquent (or whatever the language they use is).
Very frustrated (unnecessarily)
More ACS-Education.com Complaints & Reviews
- ACS-Education.com - Poor customer service and support 
- ACS Education - Awful lender 
- ACS-Education.com - DO NOT GIVE YOUR SSN 
- Acs - Payment error 
- Acs - Possible Class Action Lawsuit 
- Sajna Aiyappa of Xerox / Conduent Business Services (ACS) - dilip telang is sexually harassing hr. 
- Conduent Education Services / ACS Education - Student loans that were being discharged and acs's inability to work with me.
- ACS Education Services - Student loan balance forwarded without a balance payoff from former lender. 
- ACS (Affiliated Computer Systems) - Unlawful use of a social security number as a student loan identifier
- Acs - Provided with false information