Ace Hardware / will not honor rebate

Ace hardware will not honor their rebates!!! On friday, july 29 2007 I purchased a weber grill from ace hardware. There was a $20.00 mail in rebate which I sent in with the receipt and upc code. I wouldn't have purchased this item if it wasn't for the rebate. Today I received a reply stating that that the rebate was invalid because the receipt didn't have the correct date. It was purchased on the first day of their sale. I'm sure of the date I purchased the grill so the date is correct plus the sale price was on the receipt. The receipt's ink was a little dim so they was probably too lazy to even look for the date on it. They know I can't resubmit my receipt because I sent the only one I received at the time of purchase in with the rebate. This all seems like a scam to me since they know 99% of the time no one is going to go out and scan a copy of the receipt for their records before they send it in for the rebate. The main reason I filed this complaint is to get it on record how ace hardware treated this now ex customer. Complaint was filed with the bbb.

Comments

• Cl
      23rd of Apr, 2008

Please give me the sight for EMail rebtes.

• La
      4th of Jul, 2008

In Corona Az Ace sold me a tree, the leaves fell off, tried to replace it with a healthy tree within 1 week of purchase, found out that they do not stand behind all of their sales. At least the other two similar trees I purchased are doing well, but I will no longer gamble with Ace Hardware.