Acai Berry MyTrialSupport.com / Auto Charges to Credit Card can't be stopped

1 Sandpoint, ID, United States Review updated:

In late Nov.2008 I placed an order for AcaiBerry and Colonmed 700.
I did not receive the product within the 15 days so I assumed my order did not go through.
Finally on 12-2-08 I received the trial offer of both bottles. I tried to call the company to cancel any future orders and could not get through, either because I was placed on hold, nobody would answer the phone, or I was disconnected.
I found a website and requested an RMA number to return the product. I never received a response.
I am still, for the 3rd month, being charged $more than $85 a month to my credit card and can't get it to stop.
I have contacted the credit card company and filed a complaint, but they need documentation of the paperwork I have sent, which I don't have.
I was finally able to speak to a real person from AcaiBerry, on 03-04-09, and was told they received my cancellation on 01-26-09, but it was too late to prevent another credit card charge for the 02-27-09 shipment, which I received on 03-04-09. They also denied having received the previous shipments I simply wrote "Return to Sender" on and send back. They informed me their warehouse does not accept returns, and there was noway to prove I mailed the product back unopened.
In order to have proof the product was returned and in order to get credit, I was told by both the AcaiBerry Company and my credit card company that, I need to place the product, unopened, in a new envelope and send it back to the company at my own expense and make sure I keep a record of the USPS tracking number.

So, get ready to pay "again" for something you've been trying to get rid of.

More Acai Berry MyTrialSupport.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Vi
  5th of Mar, 2009

did you try to cancel the card, and then get a new number? Victor

Ap
  9th of Mar, 2009

i cancelled my card turned them over to the better business bureau online havent billed me since

To
  15th of Mar, 2009

I order acai berry late one night got up the next morning and really read what I order called to cancell order same day (eight hour later) phone number didn't work tried again for four days couldn't get anyone on the phone. forgot about the order. they sent it to me I took it back to the post office same day. post man wrote on oreder refused. they again sent me another package I took back to the post in the mean time. they would charge me again (94.00) they told my credit card they will have to charge me 69.00 dollars for restocking????
restocking ??? what ?when the phone never worked for me to cancel order. I think they knew what they was doing. it's time to do a class action for acai berry they claim it's indorse by cnn and cbs now when you finally gets some on on the computer live ...she stated to me its not endorse by cnn or cbs or Rachel Ray I had to get a live person chat at 6:00 a.m. in order to cancel and now they still want to charge me . (restocking) I think its time for us to stand up and fight this company toghter to let them know they will not get away with the lies. don't order it's hard to get in touch with them after they get your credit card number. The goverment should look into these claims. yes I am upset and will never order on line again

Ph
  15th of Mar, 2009

I contacted the legal / fraud department for my credit card and was told I could not cancel my card unless I paid the entire balance of $1000.00, which I didn't have at the time. I asked about transfering what I owed to another card and was told the automatic billing for Acai Berry would also be transferred.

Ci
  18th of Mar, 2009

i agree with you i supposedly am getting back my second charge in 5 to 7 days they need to b shut down i am filing a report with bbb and my bank about them

Ni
  18th of Mar, 2009

Has anyone had any success in stopping this? I don't know what else to do but to cancel my credit card at this point. I don't know about the rest of you - but I ordered through an advertisement on a blog. This advertisement said nothing about an on-going membership. I am very good about reading those things. The return information provides a non-working number. Fortunately, someone here provided a working number and I was able to speak with a Customer Service Rep who said that they were cancelling my membership. When I asked for that in writing, she actually diverted my question and tried to sell me more product! Unbelievable!

Ma
  21st of Mar, 2009

I also was charged, can't stop it

An
  24th of Mar, 2009

Hi I too, am caught up with this, only mine seem to arrive from china.Vital Acai they call themselves.I have cancelled my card but now have received an e.mail stating more pills on the way.So far no charge has been put on my account but before it was charged later, but bank tell me
thecontract is between Visa, Vital Acai and me not my bank.Please can anybody help with a phone number ..
All I have as supplier is; Jian Jin
huyi gonglu 2623-2-124
Shanghai China.
and an e.mail address Vital Acai sales@acai-onlinestore.com which never replies to my e.mails.
Surely I can't get charged forever for a product I don't want.
Grateful for any help.
Thanks Anya.x.

Na
  28th of Mar, 2009

I've just contacted my bank who are putting it in the hands of the Fraud dept I have lost £145 so far and cann't stop it as I wasn't given a phone number. I gave my details just to pay for p&p no mention of membership 15days free trail my eye!!! the withdrawels on my account aren't from the same company twice and my bank say if I cancel my card the payments will be taken from any new card, when I asked how this could be legal and threatened to cancel my account they said Fraud dept would get in touch soon. Watch this space... How come these crooks can get away with this and have the law on their side, how many millions of pounds have they scammed?

De
  30th of Mar, 2009

I ordered my free trail it arrived within 14 days i then thought that was it until i saw my bank statements to find out they have taken 3 payments of a supposed free trail im now putting it into the hands of the banks fraud depatment .At the moment iv just received another bottle which i didnt order and have had £150 TAKE OUT OF MY BANK which i didnt give them permission to do. THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED STRAIGHT AWAY BEFORE THEY COST US MUGS MILLIONS OF POUNDS AND FOR WHAT.

DEB MANCHESTER ENGLAND.

De
  30th of Mar, 2009

I have the same problem getting billed the 29.95 each month and searched for the website I ordered from and went to the 'terms and conditions' and copied and printed it out. I found were that charge is is for 'diets'center member and some site they have for exercise. I called this number and requested them to cancel it - was given a confirmation number . Try calling: 1-877-495-1182. There was no waiting and I got through to a representative quickly. Hope this works and hope this might help someone else get off this merry-go-round! Debbe - Indiana, ISA

Cr
  6th of Apr, 2009

try calling 1-866-955-4107

15th of Apr, 2009

Hi everyone...yes I've had the same thing happen to me. They stated $5.95 as the shipping & handling fee..this is all I would have to pay..or so I thought. When I went to check out it said $19.95 and I immediatley closed the page...thinking that would be that. However, I recieved the 'free product' in a really battered up box with pills missing and dented = totally useless and unusable. I do my banking online and check my statements almost daily. Imagine my horror when I realised that they had taken $79.95 {£56.21} from my account without my consent. My bank were very very helpful and told me that I would be given a 'temporary' refund by them until the dispute with the Fraud Department had finalised. I stopped my credit card and have a new one issued. I have also threatened them with the Better Business Bureau - this happened to me once before when buying shoes from an American Company. I agree with Toni Davis here; restocking?? what?! I paid to send shoes back as they were the wrong size and ended up with $11.00 and extremely rude replies from the company. I have one peice of advise for all of you...READ, READ & RE-READ the company policy BEFORE placing any order.
This is the email I wrote to the aforementioned company :

Dear Sir/Madam, I am extremely concerned that you have charged my debit card by a total of $79.95. I did not order anything from you. Indeed I was interested in a FREE offer which claimed to . have only been charging me $5.00 shipping, after then realising that the shipping went up by some $15.00 I cancelled the order and wrote an e-mail to you informing you of the cancellation. I did not recieve any answer from you, rather I got numerous e-mails informing me of my order being processed, shipped and succesfully shipped. I am furious in the first instance that as a customer I was ignored and now to add insult to injury I find that you have unauthorizedly taken monies from my personal account which are totally unacceptable. I did indeed recieve the 'free product' which arrived in the worst condition, with the box being totally destroyed, many of the capsules were missing or broken and totally worthless and unusable. I have informed my bank that there has been a fraudulent action and it is being investigated. I sincerely hope that in light of this email and information that you REFUND my card and let that be the end of it. However if it is not, not only will my bank further investigate as they have informed me but I shall also report you to the Better Business Bureau for fraudulent behaviour. I also left a message on the answering machine at your store, being a UK customer this also cost me money. Yours faithfully, Miss D Blackhall

Je
  17th of Apr, 2009

I did the same thing, realized after I ordered the fine print of $95 a month. So got on live chat and canceled as soon as I received the first sample. It was close...13days later. But it went well with the live chat.

Jennifer

17th of Apr, 2009

LIVE CHAT? WHAT IS THAT?? I HAVE NO ADDRESS, NO TELEPHONE NUMBER AND THE WEBSITE DOES NOT EXIST. IN FACT MY BANK TOLD ME THAT IT WAS EVITALHEATH.COM SO I WENT THERE AND GAVE THEM A RIGHT EARFUL; UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS A LEGIT WEBSITE AND THE SCAMMERS HAVE BEEN USING IT. I WAS ALSO SENT EXTRA INFORMATION ON EMAILS THAT THE SCAMMERS HAVE BEEN USING :

www.acai-elitetrials.com
acaibest1@gmail.com
eliteselling@gmail.com
acaibest@gmail.com
coolreps@gmail.com
sales@acai-online.com

IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER INFORMATION IT WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECIEVED AND PASSED ON TO THE FRAUDULENT DEPARTMENT OF MY BANK.

17th of Apr, 2009

...AND BTW I HAVE HAD TWO UNAUTHORISED PAYMENTS GO THROUGH AND BOTH WERE FOR $79.95 = £113.00 {In my aforementioned post...i have recieved a battered up box of unusable pills...acceptable??! I think not!!}

Te
  20th of Apr, 2009

FYI

I did go ahead an cancel my credit card today with the bank so
no more charges will come thru.

Terri

21st of Apr, 2009

Ohk quick update on whats happened to me. I recieved another package this morning, only its different to the first battered up box I got; I havent even opened it but its a plastic bottle...AND I have an address for anyone who ordered from acai-online.com.

18 MINGCHENG RD
SANJIA TOWN
ZHONGSHAN CITY
GUANGDONG
PR CHINA

The loophole is such that IF YOU ENTERED ANY CARD DETAILS the you are responsible for what happens afterwards. If you cannot get a fraudulent action recorded then GO TO UR BANK and explain what happened, they will then try to enter into a DISPUTE with the company. What I would like to know is...if you only authorised $5.95 what the hell gives them the right to think they can take what they want?! I CANCELLED on the same day by EMAIL but was totally ignored ; therefore I am filing a dispute with the company through my bank...lets see what happens...watch this space!

21st of Apr, 2009

My oh my...lookee what I found...this company with the above address on the net..listed as part of a branch of THE BANK OF CHINA..:

Zhongshan Branch of Bank of China No. 18, Zhongshan San Lu, Zhongshan City 8336688 8337788 www.boczs.com.cn;
boczs@pub.zhongshan.gd.cn

Ha
  21st of Apr, 2009

Is there someway to stop this company from doing this? My cousin sent me this ad about this free product and I connected to it and waited. I also saw something about getting a contract and said I didn’t want it. Nobody contacted me and I waited thinking I didn’t like or use the product. It’s sitting on my cupboard. I thought it strange having the mail with Chinese writing. i just didin’t think anything was happening until I check my credit card statements.

I’ve phoned and emailed and will continue to do so. I live in Canada. I am glad for this web page and I will use the information others have provided. thank you.