Acai Berry Max / Unauthorized charges

1 916 113th Street Suite BArlington, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-549-2111

This is a total scam.

The 'pay only shipping for a free trial' is bogus. What they do is charge $74.00 for membership and $5.95 shipping for a small bottle of pills. You then see $79.95 on your bank statement, but you had better be quick because you only have 14 days to cancel your subscription.

Yes.. Subscription, otherwise, they continue to charge you $74 per month for the next 30 day supply. Unless you closely monitor your account, you'll see this charge hit a second time before you cancel.

Now, canceling is a story in itself. To cancel, they tell you to send an Email. But there is no proof that you actually got canceled. They have absolutely no intention of answering an Email let alone giving you the difference when you cancel. I had to cancel the credit card that the order was made on.

I am in the process of going VERY public with this information. One last thing. It looks like Acai Berry has bought up some interesting domain variations, so be aware of all the variants.

Ma

More Acai Berry Max Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fx
      19th of Dec, 2008

this is a hoax, they have been told to stop sending me the product, and i have been charged again this month and never received the product in November, now i have a change in December and there is no product, each time the price has gone up. i will go to Better Business Bureau...with this complaint. I think you would like to resolve this immediately. I made a call to them in November to cancel, they stated that they would take care of it and never did.

• De
      4th of Jan, 2009

I am a victim of the same scam!! What can we do to stop this?

Denise

• Be
      21st of Jan, 2009

They have done the same to me. When I try to call the number that charged my card I get a recording that says: "Our office is closed, please try back during normal business hours, Goodbye." I have contacted my bank to dispute the charge. To prevent them deducting any more charges, they have cancelled my card and issued a new one.

Beverly

21st of Jan, 2009

I just noticed a charge of 85.90 on my statement as well today. The number listed above has been disconnected... I contacted the bank, and had them cancel my card. That's the only way to stop them from continuing once they get your number... Once the charge goes through, you can dispute, and the bank will refund. It will take a couple of weeks. My bank (B of Am) said they are aware of this scam, as more and more people are contacting them about the unauthorized charges. What a pain! Thanks Marcus for the information!!
    Mark, Atlanta

• Mi
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I have experienced the same problem as report by others - this started with Colotox offering a free trial product and then offering this Acai Berry Maxx - both companies end up charging and you cannot get ahold of them unless you are willing to stay on hold for well over an hour - but then don'gt get any satisfaction. Then they also placed a charge on Fit Factory - that one they did respond and immediately canceled. These crooks need to be charged in Federal Court for violating interstate commerce laws - and there needs to be a class action law suit. The new variations of the web sites - strong evidence that they are as crroked as the day is long and are trying to be elusive.

• Ti
      23rd of Jan, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I bought the free trial because it seemed to be endorsed by Rachel Ray, Oprah and Dr. Oz. I have sent an email to the Rachel Ray show and the Oprah show to make them aware of the scam. Thank you so much for sharing information about what you have to do to stop the charges from going on your card. It is online "companies" like this that give all the good ones a bad name!

• Br
      27th of Jan, 2009

I am a victim of the same scam!! What can we do to stop this? and the colotox scam. I am out about $300.

• Em
      5th of Feb, 2009

Noticed two charges on my bank statement one was NEWACAISUPREME in which I did order and now canceled, and the other MAXACAIBERRY. Both charged $5.95, I did a research on both of these companies and they are both located at the same location.

I spoke to customer service about this, and they claim they do not know who MAXACAIBERRY is which I find odd since they are both located at the same place. Needless to say they are a fraudulent company steeling from people.

• Rn
      5th of Feb, 2009

additionally to the unauthorized payments, on a usage related comment, this product has actually caused me to be constipated and causes very uncomfortable (ie, moderate) abdominal pain.

RN in CA

• Ls
      10th of Feb, 2009

This has also happened to me and because I've been unable to contact them regarding issuing a credit of the original charge which I did NOT agree to I am in the process of disputing this with my credit card company as a fraudulent, unauthorized charge.

I did 'luck' out in getting one email through via their website explaining the matter in which they completely ignored my demand for a credit of the $84 unauthorized charge but agreed to 'cancel' any further charges. However, the email is one to which you can't reply - I get the MailerDemon notice and since my first attempt to contact them they have now removed their direct email address from the website. Only an 'order form' can be sent through.

I have a screen shot of my original request for the 'free trial' for which I did pay in full the only charges stated - the shipping and handling - and nowhere did they advise this was an indication of a membership or that additional charges would be posted unless a cancellation was sent. They have since changed the websites as well.

This is absolute fraud and should warrant a class action lawsuit.

Yes, I agree!

Here's some information that someone posted on this site:

If nothing else, WE NEED TO PUT THIS COMPANY OUT OF BUSINESS! I filed complaints with the BBB and the Florida Attorney General. BBB is still checking it out, but the attorney general's office recommended contacting the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service, Division of Consumer Services, 2005 Apalachee Parkway, Talahassee 32399. Web sit is www.800helpfla.com. They also suggested contacting the Internet Crime Complaint Center at 800/251-7581 or www.ic3.gov. In addition, they provided this Web site, www.ftc/bep/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre28.shtm (Federal Trade Commission "Billed For Merchandise You Never Received?" And more . . . Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov and the Broward County Consumer Protection Office at www.broward.org/consumer. My bank is still working on it as well. Liars and cheaters shouldn't be allowed to get away with this kind of activity. LET'S PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!

10th of Feb, 2009

Your best bet is to cut up that Credit Card. They will continue to charge it until they suck it dry! Especially without your consent.

Do file some kind of charge with your bank and a few of these other Agencies.

• Gi
      18th of Feb, 2009

DO NOT CUT UP YOUR CREDIT CARDS!!!

First of all EVERYONE here that thinks this is a scam didn't take the time to read the information given on the website. The TRIAL was only $5.95 but if you had read the terms and conditions prior to your purchase you would have noticed that the trial turns into a monthly subscription.

Second, the membership/subscription you signed up for is a LEGAL binding agreement. If Acaiberrymaxx.com wanted to they could send your name to a collections agency and be perfectly within their rights to do so. Cutting up your credit card is a way to stop the loss of the monthly subscription but that does not take away your liability as a buyer of the product. For example, if you buy a car and have a monthly payment due, discontinuing the bank account that your monthly payment comes from does NOT mean you don't owe money for a car anymore right?

Third, IT IS SO EASY TO CANCEL THIS SUBSCRIPTION! When you look at your bank statement what does it say right after the name ACAI BERRY MAX? It's a PHONE NUMBER!!! Here is the phone number to call if you wish to cancel the subscription:

1-866-851-2281

You may have to wait for about 15 minutes before an operator comes on, but once they answer the cancellation process takes less than 2 minutes! You will receive a confirmation e-mail and a confirmation number notifying you of the cancellation. EASY!

No, I do NOT work for Acai Berry Max, in fact I ordered this product just like all of you. Do I think this form of getting monthly subscriptions is shady? OF COURSE I DO. But I wont put blame on them for my ignorance. "Caveat Emptor" people.

• Bu
      19th of Feb, 2009

I hate to admit it but I too have been scammed by this fake company.

I received a junk email offer about Acai Berry Max on November 17, 2008. Aside from all the wonderful benefits the advertisement said you would gain from taking the product, the website stated you could try the product on a trial basis for $5.95, which covers shipping and handling. I figured I'd give it a one time shot.

I received the first shipment in early December. Tried the product, but saw no results. So I was done with it, so I thought! I received another shipment of this product, unexpected around mid-January 2009. Checked my account and there was a withdrawal on 1/17/09 of $85.90 from Acai Berry Max.

I immediately started trying to find contact information on the company, but to no avail. Two days ago, 2/16/09, I had another withdrawal on my account from Acai Berry Max for another $85.90.

I went back and checked my email and found the original junk email message. That is where I saw their email address, contact@smartreachmedia.com. Sent an email today explaining my situation and requesting a refund. I also checked for the website and found another company's name listed, not Acai Berry Max or Smart Reach Media.

This is totally frustrating and I am willing to do whatever it takes to bring the person or people being this scam to justice.

• Ca
      19th of Feb, 2009

The same exact thing happened to me! We need to bring this person to justice.

• Tr
      20th of Feb, 2009

It is amazing to me that a company like this still exists! I was and am very aware of what I signed up for but when I became pregnant right after my first shipment I tried to call immediately to cancel. When I couldn't get though, I sent an email and assumed I was covered. Then the next shipment showed up... So I tried to call again, no answer, another e mail. same routine. Now another shipment showed up! I am about to cancel my card to have this stopped. I've filed a complaint through my bank (HSBC) and am in the process of sending the product back after 2 e mail and many phone attempts to try and cancel. Still keeps showing up!!!

• Li
      21st of Feb, 2009

It happened to me too! Colotox and Fit Factory and Acai Berries are a rip off. I too had to change my credit card. I recieved one bottle of Acai Berries and three charges of $85.90 for product I never got! Colotox the same and I didn't even know what fit factory was when it appeared on my credit card. I am currently disputing their charges. Its true, companies like these give reputable internet sales a bad "rap". Buyer beware!

• Sc
      24th of Feb, 2009

It happen to me too! I got the free trail then they change my bank. I try calling the number that is listed but it does not work.
    It says the office is closed call back when we are open. The number is 877-778-9035 don't work.

• Ph
      25th of Feb, 2009

You guys should just wait because in about a month they will send you a second bottle and charge your account a second time. When i first decide to purchase the product i was not told that in 14 days i would be charged the full amount until after i gave my card info. They said i should cancel my order if i do not want to do this. So i called the company and i got an answering machine that asked if i had any problems. I said that this company was horse ### and i want my order canceled. I recieved no call back so i called again a left the same message. Once again no call back. So i called them again and the answering machine said to send an email to aciaberry5000@cancelorder... so i sent them and email and Once again know information. 2 weeks later i finally recieved my order and it took the 14 days to recieve it. but the truth of it is i feel like ahuge idiot for giving my info away and know im screwed.

the best thing about this hole thing is that we are sending one hell of a message to our country... hey every one to help our economy grow you should not be afraid to spend money b/c there is companies out is hundreds of companies out there try to steal your credit card info and take your money.. dont you people love rich people... glad you guys keep gettin richer ...

6th of Mar, 2009

People can report these scams to the FTC here:

Also complain to the ad network that runs ads for this dodgy company:

Convert2Media
    Address:
    358 South 700 East, Suite B147
    Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
    Email:info@convert2media.com

Telephone:
    800.689.1260 or Ralph Ruckman 620 964 2487
    Heres proof that they run these ads: http://www.convert2media.com/forum/index.php?topic=111.0