acai berry cleanse aka colon zen / billed for what not received

1 IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-635-6069

i had ordered from a site i believe called acai berry colon cleanse. i ordered the berry pill AND the colon cleanse. i was supposed to have received a 14 or 15 day trial first and then if i liked i could order a bottle but i ordered on 1/20 and didn';t receive until 2/21 i believe. i had called them that last week of january as i was already billed for $89 and they said it had been delivered. i hadn't even gotten the trial of either. i was afraid they would keep sending me this and billing me so i told the girl not to send me any besides the initial amount. i have only rec'd one 60 pill bottle of the acai berry and never rec'd the full bottle or any of the cleanse. i have not yet been billed for any more bottles though.

Ke

Comments

• Dl
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I too was charged $89.00 for this product and I never even received it! I ordered the free trial of both Acai berry and the Colon Zen. I received the free trial for the Acai berry but not the ColonZen. I called them to cancel the order and they have not refunded my order as yet. I have called about 3 times now and feel very frustrated that I'm being charged for something I didn't even receive. I'm still trying to get my money back. What a scam!!

• Sh
      4th of Mar, 2009

I am having the same problem! I don't know what to do?! I order both as a FREE trial and they keep sending them to me. Charging tons and tons of money. I called and cancelled both and returned everything, have confirmation from post office recieved. I finally got money back for one, but the other...the won't even return my emails. I am so frustrated and angry! DO NOT TRY EITHER OF THESE. TOTAL SCAM! once they have your account # your screwed!

• Pl
      22nd of Mar, 2009

1. I agreed to a free trial of COLOTOX from www.colotox.com under their terms and conditions.
    2. The product that I actually received in the mail was called LIFE CLEANSE which carries its own website as well as trial agreement at www.life-cleanse.com
    3. The company that billed my credit card is COLON ZEN which carries its own website as well as trial agreement at www.colonzen.com

SCAM SCAM SCAMSCAM SCAM SCAMSCAM SCAM SCAMSCAM SCAM SCAMSCAM SCAM SCAMSCAM SCAM SCAM

Change your card # FAST!!! They WILL get you again!!

9th of Aug, 2009

its amazaing how company take advantage of consumers..its horrible how they bill you for 89 a ONE BOTTLE..disgusting..well now i know better..they are fraudulant..and if anyone out there wants to try this DONT>>IT A SCAM>>

• Su
      14th of Aug, 2009

Best thing to do when you run into a scam like this is contact your bank and have them to a chargeback. If the company receives enough of these then their processor terminates their account.

I call once, if I even suspect it's a scam I go to my bank and get a chargeback. As long as you do it within 60 days of the money being removed from your account you can usually get it back.

• Wi
      18th of Aug, 2009

I agree. I too also oredered the Acai Berry Breeze and Colon Zen free trial on July 27, 2009, however, I only received the Acai Berry Breeze but not the Colon Zen, and they have charged me full price of $87.13 for the Colon Zen and I have not even received it. I asked the rep to cancel and refund. she said I should have called within the 14days of trial order to cancel even if I did not recieve it. I said "what", that doesn't even make sense. So I asked where is the product? she said she will cancel any further charges. So I ask what about the refund for the charge I still have not yet received she said said she can't help me with that. What a *@*@*@. what ever you do do not order these products...SCAM SCAM SCAM.

• Ni
      19th of Aug, 2009

Here is a number you can call. I haven't done it yet but it might work. I got the number from my bank...1-866-976-1123 or website shipmentassistance.com.
    Good luck! I'm tryin to get my money back to!

• 20
      21st of Aug, 2009

COLON ZEN IS FULL OF CRAP!!! IT DOESN'T EVEN WORK, AND THEN THEY KEEP SENDING YOU THEIR INEFFECTIVE STUFF. DON'T EVER TRY ANYTHING OR ORDER ANYTHING VIA INTERNET WITH THESE FREE TRAIL-BULLS. THEY GIVE YOU A NUMBER AND YOU CAN'T EVEN REACH A LIVE PERSON. THE NUMBER THEY GIVE YOU SAYS YOU CAN CHAT TO A LIVE AGENT BUT IT'S ALL THE SAME. A RECORDING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. THEY ARE FULL OF CRAP. THEY CAN'T EVEN SELL THE RIGHT STUFF THAT'S WHY THEY ARE AFRAID TO ANSWER YOUR CALL. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE WORLD, I KNOW THAT WE VULNERABLE PEOPLE MAY BE OVERWEIGHT, AND POOR IN HEALTH, BUT PLEASE DON'T BE A VICTIM OF THEIR SCAMS. I WENT TO A HEALTH STORE AND FOUND SOME COLON CLEANSER THAT WORKS AND IS VERY EFFECTIVE. DON'T FALL FOR THEIR SCAMS. ALL THESE STORIES THAT THEY MAKE UP TO TELL YOU THAT OTHER PEOPLE USED IT AND THEY SEE RESULTS, WELL, WHO ELSE WILL CAN RIGHT THESE ALSO, THEY THEMSELVES OF COURSE.

HEAR MY STORY AND BE SMART FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR MENTAL HEALTH !!!

YOURS TRULY,
    YOUR BEST FRIEND

• On
      21st of Aug, 2009

Similar problems with my order as well, but I looked for reviews while I was WAITING and WAITING for my order to arrive! Found these comments, and immediately cancelled my credit card before they put the screws to my account. That is the way they work. They delay sending your trial offer until it is time for regular shippments to begin. It also states in the FINE PRINT on the website that it will be 15 days, but in most cases it is only 10 to 13 days when they try to re-bill your credit card for the full monthly supplies. I ordered my trial order on July 30, and did not get them until August 19. After the reviews I have read I am now afraid to even use them. If they scam people like this over and over, God only knows what could be in this stuff! Also, on top of the shipping charges for the trials I was also billed a total of $1.50 extra...still haven't figured out what that was for! Steer clear of this scam!!!

• Da
      5th of Sep, 2009

wow! i almost ordered this stuff! Thanks to all of you for your comments and good luck to you!

• Am
      28th of Sep, 2009

Thanks for all your comments. I almost ordered too. I'll go to the health store and get something similar if this works. It makes you wonder if they might just send you sugar pills??

• Kl
      1st of Oct, 2009

Too little to late... I just ordered both for free trial w/ promo code 10 min. ago... then search how to cancel and found what happened to too many of u. Just canceled card hope the dont stick it too me too bad. thanx for ur comments... I cant believe they can flippin' get away with that! I tell ya some people!!!

• Je
      24th of Oct, 2009

Was in the process of ordering this product and sure am glad I came across this web site. Thank you everyone for your imput. CBS which is promoting this product should pay mind to what is happening to the people that are listening to them and ordering the product.

• Cu
      28th of Oct, 2009

Could you guys post what sites you have ordered from please. There are many sites that sell Colon Zen and the reviews seem to be very good so people are getting it from somewhere. Thanks

• Ac
      10th of Nov, 2009

its a scam and if you dont read your terms and condition you are screwed.
    so be aware of those websites and never buy it online!
    just go buy it at regular offline shops where they would sell mutivitamins and stuff
    and in other case, you can maybe ask a pharmacist ...

and never can trust whats on websites..
    people can be selling anything;; so be careful
    and this acai berry...
    if you want to end it as free trial you have to cancle within 14 days but
    when i called before 14 days they didn't even answer the phone and yet they already
    charged me ...

i had to call 2 days and to finally get hold of one lady in philipine or so;;
    those 1800 numbers you can't even get hold of and they were making no sense
    they were telling me i had to cancle in order to be not charged within14 days
    but i told them you guys didnt' even answer the phone and...
    man...the number on there wasn't the right kind i had to search everywhere to
    find it and finally cancled it..

or other way to do is change yoru account if you think you got scammed and
    tell bank to despute the charges
    and just never ever order those online again.
    and never use your debit card to pay them or give it to them because then
    they willl have access to your account adn withdrawl money on your account every time.!!!

so becareful
    its scam!!!

hope my advises helped a bit..

17th of Nov, 2009

Here is a company promoting this ColonZen scam (see their Twitter page for proof):

ColonZen (Coupon) is our top converting colon offer on the network now! Be sure to use the coupon code on your LP to increase conversions. 5:33 PM Nov 16th from Twidget

Eagle Web Assets Inc.

EMail: advertising@eaglewebassets.com
    Phone: 805.680.8449

• Co
      30th of Nov, 2009

Here's what happened to me: I WAS aware of the trial period (now 17 days) and tried for several days before the trial period was up to call and cancel. The phone would ring once, I would get an immediate recording which didn't announce the name of the company or anything else. Only telling me to hold. Then music plays. When the sound gets so low you listen hard to make sure you aren't cut off, this shrill ear-piercing flute plays very audibly. After listening to this junk for about half an hour I can't handle it anymore & my barrery's going dead. I decide "tomorrow's another day". I try the next day, exact same results. After trying for several days I finally get through. I realize it is now past the 17 day trial. I explain to the rep. I didn't received ColonZen but Colon Cleanse, and that I have been trying for several days now to get through and wasted probably 4 hours of my time on hold. She is polite in telling me they had been experiencing "computer trouble". She advised me my card would not be billed. My card DID get billed. $79.63. Living paycheck to paycheck, I now have overdrafts. I called them & couldn't talk sense into anyone, and got disconnected any time I attempted to reach a supervisor. They would tell me "we have no evidence of you trying to cancel within the 17 days allowed". I told them of course, because they wouldn't answer the phone! (Crazy theory - a lot of telemarketing and customer service phone systems are linked to their computers to automatically bring up the caller's account info on a computer when the inbound call comes in. I know this. I've done this. Is it a possibility when they see the caller is in the middle of a trial period they just don't answer? I would say yes, even though the reps I spoke with today said it's "impossible" that someone didn't answer the phone.) Their rebuttal was always the same repetition - "we have no evidence of you trying to cancel within the 17 days allowed". After trying to explain this FIVE TIMES, I became seriously frustrated & advised I would have my attorney contact them. I know $80 isn't that much, but it is this close to Christmas. That $80 would buy my children some nice gifts! Besides, I'm tired of companies scamming and taking advantage of everyone, aren't you? More complaint boards like this one should help. Get all the evidence out there you can!

• Az
      31st of Dec, 2009

Thank you all for your stories and I'm so sorry you got ripped off. I was just about to order this in an effort to speed up the whole diet/exercise process when I came across this site. THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! I will not be buying this - I will stick with the all natural way - work work and discipline.