ABSA / insurance claim nightmare
We have a comprehensive household and car insurance through ABSA and recently claimed against our swimming pool equipment (chlorinator etc.) that had packed up. We had sent in our insurance claim to ABSA on the 21st of January 2010 and am currently still awaiting feedback resolution.
In February when I phoned the Durban claims dep. they advised that the manager had refused the claim as they were missing info from the assesor but that they would try and speed things up and get the missing info.
I again followed up this week and was told that they would reconsider as they now got the correct info report from the assesor but that it is sitting once again with the manager to review.
This is now over TWO months ongoing and absolutely shocking!! As a client that holds an ABSA homeloan, household insurance and car insurance (two cars) I am fed up and just about ready to cancel my insurance. I have hardly ever claimed in the years that I have had the insurance and dont appreciate the lack of feedback. I have spent my time to phone them while no one has even bothered to phone me and give progress feedback.
Really FED UP!!! Im phoning soon to cancel my insurance!
More ABSA Complaints & Reviews
- ABSA Private Security Provident Fund - provident fund 
- ABSA Bank - refusing to close credit card account
- ABSA i-Direct - vehicle claim 
- ABSA - provident fund payout 
- ABSA - clearing cheques without waiting 7 days
- ABSA Bank - internet banking
- ABSA Bank - home loan judgement will not removed absa home loan dept/legal/credit
- ABSA Bank - inward transfer funds 
- ABSA Bank - debit order 
- ABSA Bank - insurance