ABSA / being in arrears justifies being treated this way?
Personal issues meant that I had to max my credit card. Budget installments pushed me over the limit and I make the max payment I can afford every month. Excluding budget installments, I am effectively only paying around R300 towards the amount over limit, which is about 20% of what I am over.
I get a call from ABSA every month demanding full payment of the outstanding amount. I explain the same situation to them every time. That is; I have a provident fund with ABSA that I have been trying to have paid out as I have started working for another company and I will use this to update my card.
Every time I phoned ABSA for a progress report, I was told that they dont have a fund manager to release the money. I need to call back in a month to follow up. I submitted my claim on the 4th of Feb 2009.
After I made payment to my card end of May, I got the usual call again. Two weeks later, a sms demanding payment. I reponded to the sms and arranged for payment at the end of June. Today Sat 13 June, 5 days later, I get a call waking me at 7:00AM demanding a payment.
Does R1500 over limit justify this treatment? I've waited 4 months for my fund money! But that's okay, right ABSA?
More ABSA Complaints & Reviews
- ABSA Private Security Provident Fund - provident fund 
- ABSA Bank - refusing to close credit card account
- ABSA i-Direct - vehicle claim 
- ABSA - provident fund payout 
- ABSA - clearing cheques without waiting 7 days
- ABSA Bank - internet banking
- ABSA Bank - home loan judgement will not removed absa home loan dept/legal/credit
- ABSA Bank - inward transfer funds 
- ABSA Bank - debit order 
- ABSA Bank - insurance