Aaron's / refused refund on non-delivered product

1 Athens, TX, United States Review updated:

On 7/11/2018 I went into the store in Athens, TX to purchase a washing machine. On seeing the "120 days same as cash" promotion, I decided to use the lease option. I filled out all the paperwork, ownership of my home was checked (it is paid for -- no mortgage). I was told I was "all set" multiple times by Amanda, the manager. I paid the first payment of $70.35 and delivery was scheduled for today. Today, after the time the delivery was supposed to have occurred, the store called and said they could not deliver because my references had not answered the phone.

There had been no mention of this at the store. I was told multiple times that I was "all set." I cancelled plans to be home for delivery. At the store, I had offered to just pay in full multiple times if there was a problem. I was told no...it was all fine. So I was surprised to say the least when they refused delivery.

Okay, I decided that being lied to is not the start of a good business relationship, so I said I don't want the washing machine and I will be in for my refund and go down the street to Sears. Amanda said she COULD NOT GIVE ME A REFUND BECAUSE SHE HAD NO CASH IN THE STORE.

Can't give me my refund?????? What the heck kind of business is that that doesn't have $70 in petty cash somewhere. How did they plan to make change for a buyer?

I WANT MY REFUND.

They have been playing games, telling me to call this person and that, and then telling them not to take my calls. I have been polite. I have not yelled or used foul language.

BUT I WANT MY REFUND! Today!

Amanda said she literally has to wait until someone else comes in and buys something...with cash, not on credit/debit card...to have money to give me my refund.

This is just not right. I will be leaving 1-star reviews on every site I can find and filing a complaint with the BBB and the Athens Chamber of Commerce if I do not get my refund TODAY.
Victoria Spears
[protected]

Aa
Jul 12, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      12th of Jul, 2018

guess the first customer of day will get the " we have no money" excuse really?
    best bet is to file a complaint with the better business bureau