A & E Factory Service / poor customer service in sacramento

1 Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:

The ice dispenser on the front door of the Whirlpool refrigerator began to release ice intermittently and then not at all. A service call was made to Whirlpool for this refrigerator that is less than one year old. The service representative was determined that there was nothing wrong with the refrigerator and called me over into the kitchen four times to watch him push the button and the ice dispensed as though he was anxious to end the service call. Each time I removed the glass from his hand and pushed the button myself and viola, no ice. Each time he was surprised (yeah right) and when he asked me into the kitchen for a fifth time I approached him and told him that I was interested in participating in this continual experiment of whether or not the dispenser was working and that all I wanted him to do was FIX IT!

At that moment he called someone on the cell phone, told that individual all of the things that he had done to get the dispenser to work and that those things had not been successful. I heard him say that he was going to have to order a computer for the refrigerator and he hung up. In order for you to understand my frustration with this service call was that the timeframe given to me was between 8am and 12 noon, whereupon he arrived @ 2:59pm and left @ 3:45pm, so this back and forth insanity went on for nearly an hour.

Ultimately the computer was ordered whereby I was told that would be delivered to my home on Wednesday of the following week, which it was not. I called the 800 number to A & E Factory Service to be told that, “I don’t know why the part was not ordered, but I will send a message to the parts department and someone from there will call you back”. Before the end of the day no one had called me so I called back and this time I was told that the parts department had 24-48 hours to return calls. I explained that 48 hours would be out of the scope and timeframe by which the repair was scheduled to be done so what were the other options, and the person on the line stated again that someone from the parts department would call me back. My question is…where is the part and when is it going to be put in? I too am going to contact the Whirlpool organization to complain about the service or rather lack of service that left me, the consumer, without an operational refrigerator and no concrete information as to the fixation of this problem.

Ja

Comments

A & E Factory Service - Poor Customer Service
    A & E Factory Service

I had contacted Maytag about my oven, the bake button on the control panel no longer worked. They set up an appt. with A & E Factory Service. I then called A&E directly to see how much it was gonna cost and what was involved. They had the model number, serial number, and problem before they even came out. When the tech showed up, he opened the oven and scanned the seriel number barcode and said he needed to order a new control panel and it would be $400. He was only at my home for about 5 mins. I said "how do you know, you didn't even touch it." He said "I just know." Then said I have to pay him $129. Really...for what...he didn't even do anything. I called and asked to talk to a manager. They just kept passing me around. Finally I spoke with a lady who claimed to be the manager of tech services and I have NEVER spoken to a more ride person in my life. She didn't want to hear anything I had to say. When I would ask why am i expected to pay this money for nothing and my oven is still broken. All she said was "He came to your house didn't he"...WHAT...This was the worst service I have ever had from any company. I called Maytag right away to let them know how their customers are being treated by this company and that they should not use them anymore. Horrible Nightmare. And my oven is still broken!!!

• Ms
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I bought a maytag dishwasher 4 service calls in the first year has broken 7 times. And they say the Maytag repairman is the loneliest man in town if he is its because no one is buying Maytag. It is not a top quality appliance since they were bought by GE and that is another story. Mike From Canada.

• At
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Did you ever get your oven fixed? And if so, by who?