A & E Factory Service / dis not show up for 2 appts. for maytag recall

NJ, United States Review updated:

I have a Maytag refrigerator which is a subject for a recall because of a faulty part which can cause a fire. I made two appointments this past week for a time frame of 1:00 to 5:00. They did not show up for either one despite calls from me. Today, Friday, April 10, they gave the appointment to a serviceperson who did not do refrigerators. He did not come here but called to say he was not qualified to do the repair. Sears called me and said they were not coming and said they were affiliated with A & E. I called again to A & E, and they said they were not coming today 4/10. So I made another appointment for next week, and hope they will come. I am not hopeful that they will keep this appointment either. My name is Mary Ann Del Guercio, and I live in Manalapan, NJ. My phone number is [protected]

Comments

• Fr
      May 19, 2009

THERE SHOULD BE A CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED AGAINST A & E FACTORY SERVICES!!!

We purchased a Fisher & Paykel washer and dryer from Lowes. Along with that, we purchased the Extended Protection Program IN GOOD FAITH, that should we ever need repairs they would be done and done in a timely manner. NO SUCH LUCK!

Our initial call was to Lowe's on April 30, 2009. We were given A & E's number and told to contact them as they were the contracted repair company. We called and got an appointment for May 5, 2009 between the hours of 12pm and 5pm.

After rearranging my schedule so that I could be home for the repairman, I received a call around 3pm saying that his paperwork showed that we DID NOT have the EPP and that if he came out, he would have to charge us. Of course, I told him we would not be paying for services that were already covered and so the appt. was canceled. I called Lowe's (Service Advantage) to find out what the deal was and they reassured me that it was a mistake and that they would call me back. Well...I did not get a call back until the next day after 6pm. Their message to me was, "that for for some reason YOU canceled the service call and now we won't be able to get someone out to you for THREE WEEKS!"

I finally reached someone on the 7th and explained exactly what transpired and that it was A & E' who dropped the ball. They gave me an appointment for May 12, 2009 (between 8am-12pm). At this point it has been 12 days without a washing machine. Having a family of 5, we do laundry a lot. So now I was left with no choice but to go to the laundrymat.

May 12th arrives and the repairman actually shows up at 11am. I explain the problem. He tells me it's the pump and a fuse is out on the control board. (Note: my husband had spoken with A & E and told them they'd need to replace the pump!) I think, great! He'll go to the truck, get the pump and fuse, fix the machine and be done. WRONG!

Now I'm told the pump needs to be ordered and he doesn't have a fuse. (thought: It's probably the smallest part there is and you don't carry one in your truck???? What a joke!) So, of course this means another appt. The A & E repairman explains to me that he's ordered the pump and it will come directly to the house. HE asks ME when I want to set up the appt. He also says the pump should be at my home w/in a week. I set the appt. for a week later, May 20, 2009. (which is tomorrow) GUESS WHAT HAPPENS?

YUP! I get a message last night saying I have to call A & E to reschedule my appt!!! WOW! What a shocker! I call back this morning (Tuesday May 19, 2009) and am notified that the part is in fact on back order and they have no idea when it's coming in. (thought: how did the repair guy not know this last Tuesday when he said he ordered the part?)

I spoke to a customer service rep from A & E who said she would contact their parts dept and see if there was anyway to get the part. She was also going to have the technician, who misinformed me, call me. From there I spoke with a supervisor (Perry) and was told basically the same thing. I reiterated the situation and was told by Perry that if their parts dept didn't have the part, he'd have his people check outside vendors in an effort to get the part. Why wasn't that done when they knew the part was back ordered in the first place??? I also asked who was going to pay my laundry bill that's over $100 now, since it's going on 3 1/2 weeks now without a washer? Of course the standard response was they do not compensate for that. NICE. A & E puts US out and refuses to take any responsibility. Shameful! Perry told me I'd get a call.

GUESS WHAT? I DID! An hour after my conversation with Perry, I DID get a call. It was a customer service rep telling me that the part has been "emergency ordered" and "will ship our SHORTLY!" Uh Huh. I asked what does "shortly" mean? Of course, I got no clear answer. More of, well, as soon as possible...please call us when you receive it so we can set up your appointment. You've got to be kidding me! I guess we consumers have "SUCKER" written all over our foreheads. I'm certainly not holding my breath. I think it's disgusting that a company does business the way A & E does. The way they treat customers is criminal. A & E should not be allowed to be in business, and Lowe's and Sear's and any other major retailer, would be smart to kick them to the curb. These retailers should be embarrassed that they are associated with a company like A & E.

Aug 03, 2010

This is by far the WORST company to deal with and considering Maytag authorizes them its even more of a joke. I have been dealing with them for 4 weeks now on a top loading PIECE OF CRAP MAYTAG washer which I will never EVER own again. The keep bringing broken parts or the wrong part. They have now ordered a new motor and clutch, basically everything will be replaced when we are done.
    THEY NEVER COME WHEN PROMISED THEIR SERVICE IS TERRIBLE!! They are the most incompetent people you can deal with, I hope there is a good attorney out there who would love to file a class action lawsuit you'd have millions of complaints. THE WORST COMPANY! DO NOT EVER BUY A WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY YOU WILL BE SORRY!!
    And MAYTAG YOU ARE A JOKE FOR EVEN ALLOWING THESE PEOPLE TO REPRESENT YOU!