A & E Factory Service

Posted:

scheduleing nightmare!!!

4.5
A & E Factory Service
A & e factory service? More like non-service! Wow, after reading all these complaints I feel better that i'm not alone in the service provided by a & e. At least they don't discriminate, they treat everyone poorly. They truly do not care about their customers and have no respect for their time. They rescheduled with me 4 times (Twice on the day of the appointment as I was home from work waiting on them)... They obviously have no idea what the term "appointment" means. When they do reschedule, it is never for the next day but rather at least 3 days later. Apparently they don't think the service they provide is critical - - - my amana side-by-side refrigerator was out for 25 days, they did not care that we could not have milk for our kids!

I called whirlpool twice about this and was politely told that a & e factory service was an independant company which they don't have control over their scheduling, however they did help me with scheduling them. If I was whirlpool, I would seriously reconsider having this company represent them as a service provider!
Complaint comments Comments (41)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances

Comments

N  12th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

A & E Factory Service - Poor customer service!

Rude, non-helpful customer service. If my parts are delivered when they say I'll only have been waiting for my dishwasher to be fixed for 10 days. I'm getting the runaround as far as when the part was ordered or when it will arrive. For some reason I have to track the package myself. The tech is great, but I will never use A &E again.
N  27th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

A & E Factory Service - Don't ever do business with this company!

After waiting 2 weeks for a service rep to show up from A&E for a Maytag dishwasher recall the service tech in the process of trying to repair broke a part. Now we're told that we have to wait another 2 weeks even though we already have the replacement part. The people at A&E are NOT helpful, are NOT customer oriented, are NOT willing to stand behind their mistakes. DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!
A  22nd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I wish I had read all the complaints on this site and another site posted. It definitely would have saved me a lot of aggravation and cash. I called A&E because they were listed on Kitchenaid's website. I needed a door seal for my dishwasher. ($25.00 at Sears.com) They told me there would be a one time service charge of $65.00 but failed to mention a minimum labor charge of $145.00. It cost me a total of $215.00 to put a new door seal in which took 3 minutes to replace. What a rip off! Now I understand that they are owned by Sears. Wish I would have know that as well... Sears lost my business years ago when they lowered my credit card limit because (get this!) I paid in full and on time!
N  7th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
The technician never showed on a Saturday and a Supervisor named Mel told me I was rescheduled for a Thursday and that I could send a letter to Dale Reader (Probably a deadletter office in their mailroom) to complain. I was never called about the reschedule nor was a called on Saturday. I am calling whirlpool back to log a complaint.

NEVER, NEVER use this company.
A  5th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
A&E Factory Service has to be the worst service company around. Their web site, http://www.aefactoryservice.com/ae_consumer/index.html, says they do Saturday service calls, they don't. It also says that they carry most parts in the van, they haven't had a single one yet that the tech needed and I guess they don't stock them at the local office either. We've been without a our Whirlpool washer for 7+ weeks. I've taken over 4 days off (with more to come) to be at the house to meet the A&E Service Tech. Each time he has to order a part and it's another two weeks without a washer.

The area where they are good is in giving you the run around. Don't bother trying to complain or escalating, it's a waste of your time. I can't see how the big appliance companies can even recommend these guys looking at the list of similar complaints.
A  1st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree, Lowe's sent them put to fix my refridge they could not find the problem, then they told my husband they wanted $69.00 trip charge, no one ever told us about any charges, we thought that Lowes was going to pick it up for warranty.
When I called the Company the woman answering the phone said yes there is a trip charge. My husband tried to explain that there was no information regarding this trip charge when setting the appointment.
They charged us the other day we got it in the mail, now we have to go through the process of disputing it in court.
A  16th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I bought a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher April 2008 from Sears. On August 26, it stopped working. I called Sears. They set up an appointment to have A&E come out on 9/2, that was the soonest they could come. They were here for 1 1/2 hours. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with the dishwasher. It was 1 of 2 parts. So, they had to order both parts. They said the soonest they would be able to come back was 9/12. On 9/9, they called me to tell me that only one of the 2 parts were on the way so they were cancelling my appointment. I argued with them, attempted to get a supervisor, to no avail. They said they will not come unless I have both parts. They really don't know which part that I need. So, they set up another appointment for 9/19. Well, they called me on 9/15 to tell me that the other part has shipped and I should have it by 9/18. The appointment that I have is tentative and unless I call them when I receive that part, my appointment will be canceled. Why should I call them? Why is it my job? They are have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER APPLIANCE FROM SEARS!
N  11th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

A & E Factory Service - No complaint
Box 292
Bouse
Arizona
Phone: 928-851-2151

I had a Kenmore frig problem, I read about all the bad reports
about A & E Factory Service, nothing could be farther than
a complaint, he showed up on time fixed the problem in two
hours had it up and running cleaned up the inside checked
it all out and we were back in service, he also had all the parts
to fix it, thank you A & E Service. Ken
N  11th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Most experiences depend on Location location location. Be glad you didnt get the crappy service.
A  10th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
Wow, where to start with this crappy crappy Horrible terrible insultingly useless company. Every complaint posted here is 100% accurate. They must not have anyone named Dale Reader (alleged CEO) because he would be drowning in complaint letters.

I would sooner throw out and buy a new appliance before I would use this $hitty company and give them on cent of anyone's money.

NEVER EVER EVER under any circumstances use this scam of a company!!!
A  23rd of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Yes A&eE is not great company, but u don't know about techs. They are have 1-2 week training, got old truck stock, always under pressure from management to sale some craps like filters, warranties, cleaners etc. for 3times higher price than store. All the time sale!!! sale!!! Some smart ### & Sears Holdings think stupid cust will be happy, he/she doesn't have to go to the store to buy this stuff. But who will pay 3 times more??? Tech support line even worst, does people read from paper, never worked as a tech. That why service is bad
A  2nd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
They are the worst company I ever dealt with. They came to fix a light bulb issue in my Kitchen Aid refrigerator and instead of fixing the problem made it worse by blowing out to of the electrical boards. Now I have nothing working and were told I have to wait a week for the next appointment to fix it. I call to conform the day before only to be told there was a "scheduling conflict" and I have to wait another week. I am now in the process of finding someone else to help me. To add insult to injury, they are rude on the phone and could care less that they were the ones that "broke" my frig to the point where it is not even useful now! Please do yourself a favor and never use this company.
A  6th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
A & E is the WORST service company I have ever dealt with. Our family of 7 has been without our Kitchenaid side by side refrigerator for TWO MONTHS now. A & E has been to my house 3 times, each time the 'appointment' had to be scheduled 10 days out based upon their 'next available appt' with zero flexibility no matter what the job entailed. As I type this I have a 2nd new compressor sitting in my kitchen which was overnighted from Kitchenaid, but A&E can't get back to my house for 9 days to do their second part installation. It is March 6th, and my first call to them was January 9th. They took our money, so now we are stuck, and we have no refrigerator. All 3 times I had an appointment, the tech called that day, and asked to reschedule because they had too many other calls that day!!! When they left my house at 6:30 pm, they still had 2-3 more calls to get to. Something is terribly wrong with this company. DO NOT USE THEM YOU WILL BE SORRY.
N  22nd of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

A & E Factory Service - No shows

I have had two dealings with A&E Factory Service and both times they have blown off appointments. They call, confirm and never show up. The worst thing about it is that they take no accountability for it. Offer nothing more than a sorry for their mistakes. The first experience I had with this outfit they called me three days in a row and told me their truck broke down. Stay away.
A  24th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Let me start by apologizing to all the consumers out there for having to endure the service nightmare called A&E Factory Service. (owned by Sears)
I have been in the product repair business for over twenty years and was employed by this company for 18 months. UNTIL TODAY!
My route today consisted of eight morning calls, "including one two hour job", five afternoon calls "including a two hour sealed system repair", and don't forget the mandatory 30 minute lunch break .
You the consumer were led to believe that you had an 8-12 or 1-5 appointment, which you had to miss work or other activity to wait home for a technician to arrive.
By 1:00 I still had three morning calls and had not taken my MANDATORY lunch break. The (mis)-management were all attending a safety meeting today, so they were not available to help us out with the poor job that ROUTING habitually offers. This is a common reality for the Sears/ A&E technician.
There are many men and women working there that are truly fantastic technicians. Some with over 35 years. I will miss working with them.
My message to you MR./Mrs consumer is this: There are options available when you decide to call the manufacturer or service contract company.
FLATLY TELL THEM YOU DO NOT WANT THIS COMPANY AT YOUR RESIDENCE!!! You are the reason that they are in business.
Please call the small service provider in the phone book, also ask friends or co-workers who they use.
I submitted my immediate resignation today and will soon join the ranks of the Independent Appliance Servicer. Hopefully you will someday call me (if you live in sunny Florida) and I will provide you with service you can tell your friends and nieghbors about.
"In a good way of course."

Best wishes
N  8th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
If you need to have your appliance repaired...DO NOT USE A&E FACTORY SERVICE...They have total disregard for their customers...Will not give you a time window, just will be there between 8am and 5pm. Then will call you at 4:15 pm and say they must reschedule...after you have taken a day off from work. They could care less. Will not even give you any credit for their lack of performance and you losing a days pay..If you need repair call Morris County Repair at 973-664-1006...They do a great job!
N  11th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
WORST COMPANY EVER. DO yourself a favor and DO NOT CALL THEM. RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND THEY KNOW NOTHING. They use your product manual to fix the appliance and they will never get the job done.
A  22nd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I could not agree more... I had a refrigerator go out that A&E serviced 2 weeks prior and the fridge has gone out again. Medication and that needs to be refrigerated, and many produce items were just purchased. Their "EMERGENCY Service" is scheduled for the next day. I have never heard of EMERGENCY service not being same day?? . A&E was notified at 9:30 am and still could not get someone over the same day.

This is Kitchen aid’s go to service company and I am shocked on the level service that has been received. When I contacted Kitchen aid they agreed ER service is next day but would see what they could do. Who will cover the medication cost and food reimbursement for the customer?? Kitchen aid or A&E??

Very Frustrated...
A  21st of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I cannot beleive why Sears is still doing business with this company. I completely agree their customer srevice over the phone is pretty much one of the worst I have ever expereinced. They do not care about the customers. My refrigeratr broke down in the middle of summer it has been 5 days since then, no one has showed up after rescheduling twice and nw they have rescheduled for the third time 2 days later which will be exactly a week before it gets fixed. I have kids in the house and that is what makes it difficult. I wouldn't care s much if it was winter, because atleast u can store the necessary food items outside. But in summer there is nothing you can do about it. I think Sears needs to get better service people. It is so frustrating!!!
N  14th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
OMG...this is the worst company that i have ever dealings with...3 supervisors later and all i get is "our policy" obviously their policy is not customer service or actually fixing the problem that they were contracted to do. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! all i wanted was my door on the refrigerator fixed so it would close and not lose air...i was told by the tech that he wasn't familar with this brand and didn't like working on them...so we all know how that turned out, after i ran after him in the driveway to come back he wasn't happy, he mumbled for 10 minutes and left...we closed our cabin down for the winter, and i called to have them come back out to fix THEIR problem, and was told basically, you pay for another trip charge and service charge we will be there...now i am not unreasonable, i said i will pay for the tech's time, just please don't charge me for the trip charge...and the same rehearsed voice..."it's our policy...you have 90 days..." DON'T USE THEM!!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree