8TA / not reactivating my phone

South Africa Review updated:

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to find out about what my rights are regarding a matter that is not being attending to by a cell phone service provider.

I opened a cell phone contract with 8ta at century city on the 28/10/2011. Right after I opened the contract my husband and I found ourselves unemployed and received a bill from 8ta of the amount of R1900, which at the time I could not pay due to unemployment. A few months went by and my husband found employment which mend we were able to pay the cell phone, by that time 8ta has suspended my account and I phoned them immediately to tell them that I found employment again, and that I need to know how much I needed to pay in order for them to reconnect my service. The guy I spoke to said to me I had to pay R2500 in order for the line to be reconnected, which I did on the 26/03/2012, I phoned 8ta to make sure they received payment (which they did) and assured me that within 72 hours my phone will be up and running again.

72 hours past and I phoned them again, again they promised 72 hours and then the phone will be working again. I waited a few weeks before phoning again and at that time my phone still was not activated. On the 16 of April the guy told me that he will sent trough a letter to the billing department at 8ta and that the matter will be resolved in 72 hours. Again I waited 72 hours and phoned 8ta again. That guy told me I needed to get a sim swap, and I went to the 8ta store in century city, but the people there also was not helpful at all and told me it was not the sim and I had to wait 72 hours. Once again I waited and then my husband phoned 8ta and spoke the floor manager constance. She could not help us at all, and again we waited. Phoned another manager at 8ta his name is Rami, he said we needed to speak to Navesh. The following day we phoned Navesh, and that was the last I heard from him. I then phoned again and spoke to another manager Lavigne, also not very helpful.

I have now waited more than a month for 8ta to reconnect my cell phone, and every time I phone them it is costing me money, and no one can help me. I did not cancel my contact with them, and would like for my phone to be activated, yet no one can help me.

Could you please advice me as to what I can do regarding this matter.

Regards Elizabeth

Comments

• Mi
      18th of Sep, 2012

i have been using 8ta contract rom early this year but now i lost my phone along with my sim. i have been trying to do a sim swap for 6months even now .the thing is iam staying in rural areas and i need to use my phone but i dont know how to do a sim swap please help me