53 Bank / rip off
We have been with fifth third bank for over six years. Last week we deposited several thousand in our account with our tax return check. this was on saturday. on tuesday i discovered we had been charged $270 in overdraft fees..for what??? On wednesday i went to the bank only to discover another overdraft fee of $370. The bank claims that on Friday we overdrew $2.00 on our account. When asked about these fees we got no answer. We deposited thousands on saturday. We then called corporate and were told our check did not clear until tuesday. well according to my online statement, my available daily balance on monday was over $3000.00. They claim they cannot divide the money online to show money available and money pending. well that is misleading and fraud. How can you charge me over $600 in fees for a supposed $2.00 overdraw??? that money was needed to pay off bills and keep our family going and they screwed us. I have since contacted the BBB, and I have also contacted a news station who deals with money matters. Both are contacting the bank. i will not stop until i get this money back.
More 53 Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service! 
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security 
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off! 
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info) 
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice 
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - check cashing
- Fifth Third - overdraft fees
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - overdraft fees and a very rude rcm
- Fifth Third Bank - I am complaining about the terrible experience I had getting my home improvement loan.
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - fee reversal